Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was browsing tackle warehouse and I noticed this- http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Roman_Made_Mother_Swimbait/descpage-RMMSB.html. Can someone explain why this lure costs what it costs? I get that it's a handmade 12 inch bait by some master craftsman in Japan and it took the world record lmb at Lake Biwa. But watching videos of it , I was sort of let down. For $427 I guess I just expected something different. Am I missing something? And then on the same site, they also just got in the Negotiator(already sold out) which is the smaller version at seven inches. It's "only" about $100. Why does it cost $325 more for five more inches?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
This is the second most common thread on fishing forums behind "What line should I use?" If you've never fished one, there'd no way I can make you appreciate it. So if it's not worth it, don't fish it. I don't fish Mothers, but do have the negotiators, and they flat work. And they're extremely versatile, especially tn top hook model.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is the second most common thread on fishing forums behind "What line should I use?" If you've never fished one, there'd no way I can make you appreciate it. So if it's not worth it, don't fish it. I don't fish Mothers, but do have the negotiators, and they flat work. And they're extremely versatile, especially tn top hook model.
Must not be worth it to you either if you don't fish it.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
If you can't afford it .....it's not for you, Whomp. Move along now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Must not be worth it to you either if you don't fish it.
Monetarily, I would fish them, but after throwing baits at that size for a few hours, my shoulder and elbows like to stop working. So...for your purposes, it is worth it. For me physically, it's not. Thank you for playing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts