Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arkansas, Louisiana, Dead fish in the Chesapeake, Switzerland and now Arvada.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/20636556/detail.html

ARVADA, Colo. -- Investigators are looking into what killed more than two dozen birds at an Arvada apartment complex Sunday morning.

Residents of Palmetto Club Apartments, near W. 80th Ave. and Sheridan Blvd., woke up to find dying birds in the parking lot, on the lawn and even on their balconies.

Jessica Quintana was just leaving her apartment with her three year old daughter when she first noticed a bird in distress.

“I heard a bird squawking and thought he might have a broken wing. I went over to him and saw he was suffering,” she said. “I turned around and there were dying birds everywhere. It gives me goose bumps. They were everywhere. Some were trying to fly. All of them just looked like they were suffering.”

“To wake up and see this kind of thing is bizarre,” said Mitchell Johnson, who witnessed the birds as he dropped a friend off at pizza place near by. “It’s real disturbing.”

Arvada and Westminster animal management officers responded to the area around 10 a.m. They had to euthanize some of the birds before clearing all of the carcasses. In all, they removed 25 dead birds. Investigators said most of the birds were starlings. There were a few pigeons affected, as well.

“We don’t know exactly what happened to the birds. It’s obvious they were affected by some kind of chemical or poison. We just don’t know at this time,” said Arvada police spokeswoman Susan Medina.

Officials speculate the birds may have been sickened by a chemical sprayed in the trees. Medina said that is something investigators have seen in prior cases similar to this one.

7News asked if other animals or humans could be at risk.

“At this point we don’t believe so. We believe this is isolated to the birds themselves,” said Medina.

However, Medina said a couple of the birds will be taken to the Department of Health to be tested, which should provide more answers.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Remember the movie Signs? Where they are just staring at the tv screen of the live broadcast of the lights in the sky in Mexico? And the next morning, the brother tells whatshisface that they saw a bird fly into something invisible and fall from the sky.......

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
§limer said:
Arkansas, Louisiana, Dead fish in the Chesapeake, Switzerland and now Arvada.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/20636556/detail.html

ARVADA, Colo. -- Investigators are looking into what killed more than two dozen birds at an Arvada apartment complex Sunday morning.

Residents of Palmetto Club Apartments, near W. 80th Ave. and Sheridan Blvd., woke up to find dying birds in the parking lot, on the lawn and even on their balconies.

Jessica Quintana was just leaving her apartment with her three year old daughter when she first noticed a bird in distress.

“I heard a bird squawking and thought he might have a broken wing. I went over to him and saw he was suffering,” she said. “I turned around and there were dying birds everywhere. It gives me goose bumps. They were everywhere. Some were trying to fly. All of them just looked like they were suffering.”

“To wake up and see this kind of thing is bizarre,” said Mitchell Johnson, who witnessed the birds as he dropped a friend off at pizza place near by. “It’s real disturbing.”

Arvada and Westminster animal management officers responded to the area around 10 a.m. They had to euthanize some of the birds before clearing all of the carcasses. In all, they removed 25 dead birds. Investigators said most of the birds were starlings. There were a few pigeons affected, as well.

“We don’t know exactly what happened to the birds. It’s obvious they were affected by some kind of chemical or poison. We just don’t know at this time,” said Arvada police spokeswoman Susan Medina.

Officials speculate the birds may have been sickened by a chemical sprayed in the trees. Medina said that is something investigators have seen in prior cases similar to this one.

7News asked if other animals or humans could be at risk.

“At this point we don’t believe so. We believe this is isolated to the birds themselves,” said Medina.

However, Medina said a couple of the birds will be taken to the Department of Health to be tested, which should provide more answers.
That my friend is the start of the 4th Horseman, or the pale horse, Death or "Pestilence"!!! This is the end, 2012 is right around the corner!!! >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Ever wonder why flu season always coincides with the birds migrating?

I smell something fowl going on here....

Or possibly big Al at work again.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
The Situation said:
Remember the movie Signs? Where they are just staring at the tv screen of the live broadcast of the lights in the sky in Mexico? And the next morning, the brother tells whatshisface that they saw a bird fly into something invisible and fall from the sky.......
That's EXACTLY what I thought about when i heard about this...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I witnessed the same thing near a feed lot in Texas, dead and dying birds fell out of the sky by the thousands, explanation: poisoned grain.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
That Guy said:
I haven't been anywhere neer Arkansas. I swear.
LOL!!!
I live a couple blocks from where this happened in Arvada, if all these frickin wild cats in my neighborhood would just eat some of those birds I'd be a happy camper!!! >:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
similar to part of a plot in an early 2010 (off the air) series called Flash Forward where crows suddenly died in several places around the planet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts