Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing some new ponds this weekend and since I haven't been in awhile, what have you had success with for LMB lately?

I don't just post Memes... I actually do fish ;)

The ponds have shad so I was thinking of matching the hatch with a white Storm 360GT searchbait to start.

For the corner of the pond that all the crap gets blown into I was thinking of trying a frog.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Fishing some new ponds this weekend and since I haven't been in awhile, what have you had success with for LMB lately?

I don't just post Memes... I actually do fish ;)

The ponds have shad so I was thinking of matching the hatch with a white Storm 360GT searchbait to start.

For the corner of the pond that all the crap gets blown into I was thinking of trying a frog.

Thoughts?
the storm popper thats also a crankbait rules. caught a few bass on that this year.

add me on my new FB name.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
For ponds you really can't beat a senko.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Swimbaits, top-water popper/frogs and senkos/neds. Shouldn't be too hard to find something to bite in a pond.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with the above, I throw a lot of different options but I usually end up catching em on the old senko, I’ve been using the white and blue 5” which they can’t seem to resist. You’ll get a lot of blow ups on frogs, good luck setting the hook I’m still missing 5+ each trip on frogs. I fish between Boulder and Fort Collins to 25 that’s my grounds. Hop around, PM me if you want to swap some spots. There’s a group of us Large Mouth Hunters on here. Good Fishin’ !

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fish between Boulder and Fort Collins to 25 that’s my grounds. !

Thats my area also. Its been really hot off the shore with weightless worms. Browns and dark greens, mostly senkos, but switch to lighter power worms if the weeds are too much

Cannot wait until next year when I can pick up a boat. Then its game on

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The good ol' senko.

I've thrown a lot of different things at bass but the one that I always go back to is the senko!

What is your preferred method to rig it?

I like wacky rigged with a Gamakatsu Weedless Wacky hook.

You lose a lot of senkos when you get bit because the worm gets pushed up into the weed guard and falls off but you can throw that hook into some nasty cover, not get hung up and not drag a bunch of weeds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Idk about ponds up north but I've been fishing Pueblo from shore this summer - There's literally no soft plastic I own that hasn't been eaten Trigged.

At the end of the day I'd say a weightless 5" green pumpkin senko (or knockoff) is tops. Definitely gets the job done on the toughest bites. All 3 black bass eat it consistently, though Smallys are the majority here FWIW.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've never seen this hook before!

Looks interesting.

What set up is this? I fish Senkos Texas Rigged pegged at the head with a 3/8oz bullet or straight weightless but I use a more aggressive action weightless vs the traditional up and down pop. This all varies on grass and structure.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Actually caught 10 smalls yesterday and Ronco got 6. Frog kasty and perch blade caught all. Coulda got many more on plastic but what's the fun in that? Preferred depth was 15-40 feet deep. In the foothills-

·
Registered
731 Posts
Got into smallies also, got'em deep and top water casting into the clouds of shad...no pics����

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Texarodan, I don't know what that hook setup is called but looks pretty rad.

I Googled Gamakatsu Weedless Wacky and found it in images.

Slayer catching bass?!?!? What in the world?!?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Texarodan, I don't know what that hook setup is called but looks pretty rad.

I Googled Gamakatsu Weedless Wacky and found it in images.

Slayer catching bass?!?!? What in the world?!?
Everybody likes eatin' a big smallie from time to time... >:D>:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts