Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really into rapalas right now. My favorite is a rainbow colored X-Rap. I love it. All time favorite has to be the original floater in a size 9.

I haven't tried the new minnow rap yet, that looks good. I am trying out a size 4 "dives to 4 feet" perch rapala out at the Q tonight, I am curious to see if it preforms or the bass...

So, what's your favorite Rapala?

(if this has been done to death, I apologize in advance).

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Husky Jerks are my most used Rap, if there was a reason to only pick one though it would be an original black/silver in a size 7. That pattern imitates more baitfish than any other, and being a floater you can fish it at any depth (with weights of course).

I read you recently discovered Rapalas in the rivers for Browns! That is by far my favorite way to catch Browns. In fact so much most of the time I spend fishing rivers is targeted for Browns.

Caught at Evergreen on a Chartruese HJ

·
Registered
674 Posts
For a search bait I would have to say a rattlin rap but my overall favorite would probably be a brown trout floating rapala size 9 or 11. I've caught too many trout to speak of in rivers with that rapala.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roth2000 said:
For a search bait I would have to say a rattlin rap but my overall favorite would probably be a brown trout floating rapala size 9 or 11.  I've caught too many trout to speak of in rivers with that rapala.
Roth2000! Hey man, I hope I see ya at "the shop" next time I am in to pick up some of those brown trout raps!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Rainbow X-rap...

Has landed me trout from this size:

to:

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Size 10 Xrap or Size 12...Rainbow or Clown

CD 9 Silver painted like Rainbow...

And big Rainbow Floaters...

·
Registered
725 Posts
ePic - that winter pic with the fatty bow is a classic.  I started buying X-Raps after that post, you should get a rapala endorsement deal from that  ;)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
DLux said:
F5 Rainbow - just ask this guy

That is an awesome fish! This is the kind of thread that should be passed on to Rapala, it is awesome seeing all the different fish that have been caught by "The Original Fish Magnet"

·
Registered
838 Posts
FishLip said:
Husky Jerks are my most used Rap, if there was a reason to only pick one though it would be an original black/silver in a size 7. That pattern imitates more baitfish than any other, and being a floater you can fish it at any depth (with weights of course).
If I was forced to fish with a Rapala it would be that one. I have an old black/silver that the pike still love.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
If I am casting an X-Rap in a purple ghost or rainbow pattern, I have not had near as much luck on husky jerks. If I am trolling I love the jointed shad raps in either the shad or crawdad color. Bought some minnow raps, but haven't given them much use. Rapala is to fishing what Snap-On is to a mechanic, essential tools in the box!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Used to be shad rap deep divers sizes five through nine in the "hot steel" or perch. I killed it all last summer with that. The chatty bomb for me has always been firetiger pattern in shad rap 8 deep diver or the original in 7 or 9.

My new favorite is the minnow rap. I don't want to tell the color, because people aren't buying it. Got the master angler on it, and just absolutely nailed it while my friends were catching the skunk. Several occasions have convinced me.... the minnow rap is king!!! Although, paying $6.49 per causes me pause.....but just pause........

j

1 - 20 of 20 Posts