Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, if you had to pick just two ice jigs to ice fish with, which would they be (they can be tipped with your choice of bait)

Choice one for me:  Micro Crappie white glow in he dark tub jig with weighted head (similar to it's big brother the laker tube jig). Tiipped with wax, maggot, crawler, eggs or power bait

Choice two: Big Brother - Laker glow in the dark tube jig  tipped with sucker meat.

How about you?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
There are many good jigs for ice fishermen. "Garry Owen" and "Haste to the Wedding" are always popular, but I think "The Irish Washer Woman" is the one that keeps me the warmest.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
There are many good jigs for ice fishermen. "Garry Owen" and "Haste to the Wedding" are always popular, but I think "The Irish Washer Woman" is the one that keeps me the warmest.
That is funny, really funny. Or I am very tired.

Dan

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sir! Walking Eagle comes up with good ones!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was thinking Black and Decker...get it ...jig saw...crap, why do I even try to compete with WE

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Lets get serious,okay?  

1.   Silver/chartreuse  Lazer jig with piece of worm.

2.   Silver/orange 1/4 oz.kasty with tiny piece of worm.

·
Registered
943 Posts
any of the tiny ice jigs with a meal worm or piece of night crawler

Y

·
0 Posts
#1- small hot pink rat finkee tipped w/ a waxworm dropped two inches below a small kastmaster.

#2- small perch colored jigging rapala

·
Registered
943 Posts
what is a shrimpo? i've never heard of that

·
Registered
943 Posts
thanks don so many choices so little money ;D

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Why do so many topics receive so many dumb, nerdy replies.
Any ways Trout- small green ice jigs with meal worm and lakers glow tube jigs. Also I believe they are made by HT but those ice ants with rubber legs work well also.

·
Registered
179 Posts
trout
all glow rat finke with a wax worm
red body glow head dons ice critter-no longer available-don died.
any of the don's were great. the chartreuse body glow head was good to.
i like wax worms better than mealworms though i always carry both.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
You know, I always used mealies or waxies because thats what everybody used. Then I tried small pieces of real worms and my catch rate soared! This works on trout and perch.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
don't know about the new rules but if you fished no bait lakes last year, some sizes of the ratso's and shrimpo's were not the required 1 1/2 inches long that they had to be to not be considered bait. all this gibberish that they put in the rules booklet, most rules (especially about artificial lures)you read them then look around and say to yourself" was that wrote in some foreign language"? you have to read it like 10 times to try and decipher what the hell they are saying.. i see it as bait is bait, lures are lures. just because it is under an inch and a half i never understood how that made it not artificial anymore?? sorry about the topic buster.

·
Registered
179 Posts
slayerfish,how big a piece of worm are you putting on? 1/2 a crawler,1/4 crawler? years ago i tried worms but was new to ice fishing and just put them on the bottom like when fishing in the summer and never caught a thing on them. as a result i never used them again.

Y

·
0 Posts
I did the same thing when I started Ice fishing two winters ago, I was using lures and bait that were to big thinking that the fish would not see something as tiny as an ant hanging in the water, but as soon as I threw on a tiny jig, baam! fish on...so now I jig a kastmaster in one hole to attract fish from a distance and a small jig in the other or use the dropper method which is my favorite.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts