Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
arkfisher said:
slayerfish,how big a piece of worm are you putting on?

It depends,of course! On a lazer jig or 2" tube jig I use MAYBE 1/4 of a crawler.On a kasty I use about 1/10th of a crawler or the action is ruined.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
a airplane jig is my favorite, or pink jigs with a wax worms for kokes, tubes or kastmasters for kokes and lakers ive had good luck with kastmasters with suckermeat, i think this year at granby the ice fishing is going to be real good

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
If I am fishing for trout:

1. Chartruese crappie gizzit
2. The second rod always has a silver/blue Kastmaster on it

When fishing for Lakers:

1. A 3/8 oz Airplane head on a 3 or 4 inch white Power Tube.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Static rod:
micro jig or 2 inch white tube jig tipped w/ mealworm.
Jigging rod: silver Kastmaster to attract them.
This tactic worked pretty good at John last year.

Lakers: 3 or 4 inch tube jig with Krawfish Nitro grease
tipped w/ a couple of Mike's shrimp flavored eggs.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't forget small tubes, they can be awsome on some of the western reservoirs like Granby and Twin Lakes. The custom brand jigs are great for trout and small perch.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
trout (rainbows, browns, brooks, cutts, splake): custom jigs and spins ratso. blue. tipped with waxy.
Lake trout: 3/8 oz white bucktail tipped with anchovie
northern pike: 1/4 oz northland buckshot rattlespoon in perch color. (prefer to use whole dead baits)
perch: frostee spoon 1/16 oz tip with waxy
crappie: custom jigs and spins shrimpo. tip with waxy
bluegill: custom jigs and spins ratso tip with waxy
catfish: jigging rapala. (prefer to use whole dead baits)
smallmouth and largemouth bass: jigging rapala
walleye: buckshot rattlespoon

·
Registered
18 Posts
jamiehughes said:
don't know about the new rules but if you fished no bait lakes last year, some sizes of the ratso's and shrimpo's were not the required 1 1/2 inches long that they had to be to not be considered bait.  all this gibberish that they put in the rules booklet, most rules (especially about artificial lures)you read them then look around and say to yourself" was that wrote in some foreign language"?  you have to read it like 10 times to try and decipher what the hell they are saying.. i see it as bait is bait, lures are lures. just because it is under an inch and a half i never understood how that made it not artificial anymore??  sorry about the topic buster.
I have heard through the grapevine that some Sporting Goods Stores In Delta, Montrose, Gunnison, Grand Junction, Cortez, and Durango are Uniting with a couple prominent anglers on a petition and ballot measure drive, so the new plastics rule is likely going to be very short lived.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I had to pick just two, it would be a tiny spoon like a Stinger or Frostee spoon tipped with a small piece of nightcrawler for all regular trout and panfish, and a 2.5" white tube jig tipped with sucker or anchovy on a 1/8 -1/4 ounce jig for lakers.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts