Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Hey all,

I?m curious to hear which one weather link you find yourself going to check weather before you head out for a day of fishing. Here?s the one I?ve been using. The advantage is that it will give you a detailed breakdown of the projected hourly cast for a specific zip area; it is pretty inclusive.

The disadvantage is that it?s filled with way too much clutter. http://www.wunderground.com/

·
Registered
16,687 Posts
They all get there info from one place:noaa or nws.org.Its by far the most reliable info around.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
They all get there info from one place:noaa or nws.org.
They all get their info from nws.org??? New World Symphony???

I think your link is wrong. I just use weather.com

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I've got a link on my computer for www.noaa.org and you are right Slayer, everybody gets their information from them and then they might spin it a little for their specific location.

Its quick, easy and pretty accurate.

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
wunderground.com is the best that I've found for real-time accuracy. They do use www.nws.noaa.gov for alot of their information however not all of their information comes from them. Most U.S. current condition data comes from the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at about 1600 airports throughout the country. The Federal Aviation Administration maintains these sites and provides location and contact information.

·
Registered
16,687 Posts
Its actually nws.gov,sorry!Through this website I can obtain real-time weather at remote stations scattered throughout the state.Temp,snowdepth,wind.I also use it for the snowpack levels so will be able to discern if I can make it to a certain lake or not.There is so much more info available!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts