Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go check some stuff out like sleds and shelters...

When do the major retailers around here start to display stuff? December? November?

Sorry, I'm just gettin real itchy for the ice season...thanks.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I think around Thanksgiving they're if memory serves me correctly. Maybe a little after October you might find some smaller stuff - but not on the ends and in the major aisles.

Donald and Wolverine would know for sure tho.

Rob

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
they usually start well before thankgiving, heck we are usually on ice by then, but if you want the good, fancy new stuff you are better off going online to like reeds, or some of the other retailers because locally they usually try to sell their old stuff leftover from last year first. and the problem with the local retailers is they just place an order earlier in the year and once they are out they are out, they don't order anything else in, which is understandable because they will be stuck with it for a year,and it will be old news next year.. good tube jigs and good jig hools in the right small sizes are a prime example, as last year i missed out early locally on the red 1/16 bullet body tube jig hooks, so i was just lucky that i had a bunch from last year, so i ordered mine online already as well as jig scents, so i would for sure have them this year...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Bass Pro Shops has had about half an isle of ice stuff out all year. Rods, jigs and stuff. Anyway, BOTTOM FEEDER and I went Tuesday, and they had more out, plus a lot of shelters up and augers...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts