Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Have you ever fished in any other state in the rocky mountain region besides colorado?
I have. Co,Wy,Mt., Or, CA, ND, SD, NE, KS, TX, FL, AK, MN, WI, IN, OH, MI and MB plus ON in Canada.

People with trout want walleye or bass, people with bass want trout, we always want what we don't have.

I like trout, but then again I like bass, eyes, wipers...

· Registered
4,816 Posts
To answer the plethora of questions you threw out Dave:

CPW netting kill ops and rotenone: No i disagree with it all.

Fished the Yampa, not Elkhead: leave the bass and the pike there.

I agree DOW puts emphasis in favor of trout to the neglect/demise of warmwater.

The rainbow as we know it now is a bastardized homogenous glob of many various strains of rainbows and not something that was ever seen or created in the wild. I posted an article to that effect a few years back actually.

My point was we always want what we don't have, guys in warmwater states wish they had trout and guys in trout states want bass and eyes, but yes it sucks that DOW favors the tourist/easy dollar/least effort stocking process and a lot of what happens on the West slope is due to the feds and their obsession with native vs non native species.

As far as which is more of a challenge(warmwater or salmonidae), I'd say it depends on the what, where and how. Is a farm pond bass easier to catch than a Cheesman Canyon bow in a 50 CFS flow? Or a metro pond bass compared to stockers at Jefferson Lake?

Sam I am said he who had never tried green eggs and ham as he cried and maybe he lied said Sam I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.