Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,172 Posts
I just wish some drunken retard would grab 30 live burbots out of the fontinelle spillway, and dump them in lake dillon. that would be the greatest overkill. it would be fishing anarchy.

· Registered
9,172 Posts
The trout is Colorado my friend..... not that complicated your right. There's a reason Colorado is known for being a trout haven and find it quite entertaining when guys like you think I'm taking sides :thumb: This state is amazing because of it's diversity but the trout remains king!
Have you ever fished in any other state in the rocky mountain region besides colorado?

· Registered
9,172 Posts
I have. Co,Wy,Mt., Or, CA, ND, SD, NE, KS, TX, FL, AK, MN, WI, IN, OH, MI and MB plus ON in Canada.

People with trout want walleye or bass, people with bass want trout, we always want what we don't have.

I like trout, but then again I like bass, eyes, wipers...

So What are your opinions of the CPW's netting/kill operations on blue Mesa for lake trout? Or plans to rotenone lakes like deweese, and Elkhead? Homie.. Have you ever fished Elkhead before? Anyone who has thrown plastic lures in that lake knows the potential it has. Or how do you feel about the yampa River, below steamboat springs?

That is the core of the bullshit people are talking about... The neglect of warmwater fisheries, and outright figurative defecating on them in favor of trout.

Have you ever read articles how other states and countries feel about rainbow trout? Have you ever read up on rainbow trout's feeding habits? Have you ever tried green eggs and ham? Would you ever... Sam-I-am?

· Registered
9,172 Posts
And, you mentioned Wyoming.

Seminoe/pathfinder/alcova and the river between and below.... Has great trout opportunities. They also have lots of walleye.

The lakes on the Laramie prairie I also learned when looking at wy creel/shock surveys... Have big walleyes too.

Montana has a beautiful mountain lake called flathead lake.. With big lakers/rainbows/Browns/cut throats... And is a great place to catch largemouth bass.

I can go on and on and on and on...

But nah, we're not like them. But we could be... But nah, let's just reach for rainbows like we are all drinking zimas in front of the Castro theater...

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Wow, this thread is a dead horse but here it is again.
The elevation of flathead lake is less than 3,000 big goonie, thats a BIG difference from conditions in Colorado. And now that I think of it, you never answered my question. Why don't the small mouth bass in the yampa make it past Craig? they are free to, but they don't. And, the elevations of those lakes in wyoming don't exceed the elevation of Denver. Those lakes in wyoming get about 10 percent the fishing pressure that our lakes such as Pueblo, Crack and Chatty.
Have you ever witness the netting and egg take operations at Chatty and Creek for walleye? its pretty dam impressive and those lakes are managed for walleye and bass. No fishing during the spawn, and all fish under 18, or 15 on bass must be released immediately. About the only thing more that could be done is to just make it straight catch and release.
You always mention elkhead. Its surrounded by farms and hayfields. It gets major amounts of supplementation(fertilizer and cow ****) and the winters there are less than what the metro area gets. You can compare Colorado to those places all you want, but you know the old addage, Apples and Oranges.
In terms of climate Colorado is a very diverse state with a climate like none other in the country and its awesome and we are lucky that we have the opportunities we do for warmwater species. The CPW has never done anything to Blue Gill, Wipers, Cats, Bass, and Walleye like they have done to Lake trout. You don't see any protective regulations on trout like you do the warmwater species.

I'm asking Colorado mackinaw. Not you...

Flathead lake is also at a much northern geographical location... Surrounded by mountains with a much lower tree line due to the climate and position in North America. The further north you go, the Lower the elevation is for treeline and alpine tundra growth... (Mount Washington in NH is an example of this... One of few Appalachian mountains that is snow capped and treeless due to its exposure and northern geography . ) I.E. its more comparable to Granby than a 3000 elevation lake like Big Mac or swanson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_line

And people catch smallmouth bass in the oxbows around Hayden, Randall Flagg.

· Registered
9,172 Posts
And winters in moffat county are brutal dude... Moffat county is pretty much the nutsack of Wyoming that is teabagging the flat tops.

The north platte lakes are between 6-7k and are blasted by extreme temps and wind.

The Laramie plains are at 8k and are blasted by extreme weather... Worse than grand, summit, lake or Jackson counties.

Come more correct, trout juggalo.

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Goonba, flathead ices off in early march. And some years doesnt even get ice at all! . We don't see ice off in grand and Summit untill first or second week of may. As far as the Casper area. We absolutely blow them away on average snow pack, the only thing they have worse or more extreme than us is the wind.
It's a totally different climate down in Haden than it is in Grand and Summit. Saying that those areas have a more extreme climate than Grand and Summit is one of the most incorrect things you have ever said.
Flathead lake is also a natural lake vs a reservior. Our Reservior raise and lower differently every year due to mans needs to store and use water and there is nothing natural about them.
We are impacted much more severly by run off, every thing is much more inconsistent and volitile from water temps, oxygen levels, plankton levels, water clarity and so on. Again apples and oranges goonie and anyone with a have a brain can see that. I write this as I look out my window at the fresh 6 inches of snow we got today in a matter of 4 hours.
Steamboat ski resort will be shut down by first week of april, we have lift accessable skiing in late may maybe even early june.
You're wrong but it's ok. I'll agree to disagree... And go fish other places comparable to Colorado where they care about more than comorant food. :D

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Come on Goonie.

I want a link that says Flathead doesn't ice off untill late may and that says that it gets a cap of ice every year.

I want a link that says flathead is not a natural reservoir.

I want a link that says natural lakes are more natural than reseviors

I want a link that says Casper area gets more snow than Grand and Summit counties.

I want link that Steamboat stays open longer than then summit county areas.

I want a link that says Hayden Colorado has a more severe climate than Granby or Silverthorne.

I want a link that says i dont have 6 inches of fresh snow on my Deck.

Untill you can pony up Goonba, you need to quit spewing your BS.
No. Because You can go look it up for yourself... I'm not gonna sit here for 45 mins looking up links to back up my statements, trout juggalo. Keep missing the point for daddy.

My point is those lakes have a mixed bag because the fisheries management don't think trout are the end all.

You only pimp stocker trout because you get paid to show people how to catch them in your scenic boutique fishery. That's why you don't question the CPW and you nod your head for the most part... And that's ok too. That's why everyone is snickering at your posts.
Just know that the vast majority of CO fishermen disagree with you.

PS - in Oklahoma... They stock the hell out of rainbow trout in the lower Illinois River. Striper fishermen catch their limit of slimers and then put them on a big hook.. And toss them in the Arkansas River confluence nearby for big fish... They are a novelty species, that ******** use for bait, Randall flagg.

· Registered
9,172 Posts
shiiiiiiiit, i been questioning those guys with petetions, meetings, and countless letters since you were just a little fat kid with stinky power bait fingers.
....sure... By Asking questions like "how may I better serve you, my trout worshipping masters"?

· Registered
9,172 Posts
And my questions were directed towards Colorado mackinaw.

Let the man speak for himself. Go build something or buy some pumpkin spice lattes for your clientele, slimer sultan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.