Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 4 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love targeting those huge bass cruising the shallows of Granby. If there not biting I head over to Chambers because there’s a healthy population of walleye and want to land me a beast eye. I bet you didn’t know those high mountain lakes Colorado is known for can produce hog sized wiper either. Our cold mountain reservoirs and/or lakes cater especially well to warm water species. I always thought the almighty trout was this state’s premier fish because we have the regional topography to support populations of this fish and was surprised to see how fast warmwater species evolved. Could it be the DOW is secretly engineering these warmwater species to live anywhere? Are they trying to alleviate the pressure put on them by our local wiper mafia? Not likely but it seems those front range anglers were right in that our state should focus less on trout. Alabama has the geographical infrastructure trout need to thrive right? Trout get a bad rap for being top priority. We do have a unique landscape that gives all anglers a shot at an array of species but think the trout is Colorado. I too would like to see wiper, bass, and walleye thrive and agree there needs to be more done. We have the infrastructure but need a few bodies of water managed like a gold metal fishery. Point here being I don’t fish halibut when I’m chasing bonefish down in the keys. When in Rome fellas….. we got to embrace the slimer!

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sure is a lot of words for a simple whine.
The trout is Colorado my friend..... not that complicated your right. There's a reason Colorado is known for being a trout haven and find it quite entertaining when guys like you think I'm taking sides :thumb: This state is amazing because of it's diversity but the trout remains king!

1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.