Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't fished Granby for a while and the last time was in July I think.

I want to plan a trip to Granby after ice off when the big ones are up shallow. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
There arent any big ones left the CPW killed them off...move along...Steve will know living on its shore...I would guess the beginning of may...

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
I've found large openings to fish from shore as early as right now. May have to hike thru waist-deep snow but it can be done.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
As Zman said the beginnining of May is a good average, it varies each year depending on how many spring storms we get. We had abnormally warm temps in February and the snow was melting fast. March brought some Snowstorms and colder temps but we are now back in melting mode.
BTW theres still a few large fish left in Granby, most of the remaining ones just went through higher education and got tired of being caught.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I saw published somewhere that over the last 30 years, April 30 has been the average ice of date. Last year it was early/mid April. I'm hoping for the same because I'm planning on my first weekend to be April 30.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I saw published somewhere that over the last 30 years, April 30 has been the average ice of date. Last year it was early/mid April. I'm hoping for the same because I'm planning on my first weekend to be April 30.
We're gonna need some heavy duty global warming for early to mid April.
I'm out here right now sitting on 2' of ice with snow cover and the forcast is for snow the rest of the week.
You may be able to get a boat in by April 30th if your lucky.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Same here but that's a long ass hike, I could be there in my snowmachind in 10 minutes. Now that the Eagle closure is off I can head up there this afternoon.
*******!

Yah we used to hike it in snowshoes or walk the rocks along the river.

·
Registered
936 Posts
We're gonna need some heavy duty global warming for early to mid April.
I'm out here right now sitting on 2' of ice with snow cover and the forcast is for snow the rest of the week.
You may be able to get a boat in by April 30th if your lucky.
I've been thinking the same thing. I'm hoping for some heat and some rain in the next month or so!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts