Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....To fish places that get pressure form a-holes eeerrrrr water/jet skiers on the weekends? I know you cant say for sure but in the past when have you started going to places on the weekend again??

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Good question.. I'm not quite sure, bud.

One thing's for sure. Once the (I know you dread this subject) hunting season kicks off, you'll have more elbow room on the lakes. Best part about it is that time is when the fish start gettin active again.

Catch Fish & Prosper,
1eyeReD

B

·
0 Posts
That's why I mostly fish small waters. Plus I don't have a boat accept the belly boat

·
Registered
472 Posts
Boulder Res and Chatfield are two places I fish that suffer from this exact thing. Nothing quite like fishing a lake full of traffic and the smell of boat fuel.

Sometimes on a bad-weather day, you might get in some casts but for the most part I just wait til things cool down. 99% of those "recreationalists" are fair-weather folks. As temperatures drop, so will their numbers. My guess would be late September or mid-October depending on the lake. Any other boats after that will be anglers or Polar Bear Club refuges. ;D

Fishing early for a few hours works ok at Boulder on weekends but Chatfield's rush hour can start just as early this time of year. By 10 AM the water is heavy chop and you spend more time hanging on and checking gear (or praying that speed-boat sees you) than you do fishing.

But that's the deal on a multi-use lake. I have to work around it or get a much bigger boat.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Alot of the pleasure boats and jetskies get winterized in late Sept or a little after. I think you'd be OK by mid Oct. Well, maybe not 'til late Oct on Chatfield-that lake is pretty insane. ::)

·
Registered
93 Posts
North Sterling never seems crowded. Jetskiers stop at Jackson and most fishermen from Denver keep driving to Big Mac if they get that far.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
That's why I like ice fishing...Don't have to worry about those jet skiers. Probably after the first cold snap hits colorado (usually in late october or early november) you probably won't see much out there besides fisherman.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
There was a guy waterskiing on Chatfield right after ice out I was stunned...he had some exposed flesh...not all covered in neoprene...and he didnt stay up all the time...I was stunned...lots of people put their boats away after labor day...that is the start of the dwindle...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts