Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAN, WENT OUT TO CHERRY CREEK RES LAST NIGHT...GOT THERE AT 8:30PM AND THE WATER WAS SO STILL AND ALL WAS PEACEFULL, WE CASTED AND NO LATER THEN THE BAIT HIT THE WATER THE WIND WENT CRAZY. STUFF FLYING EVERYWHERE HAD TO REEL IN THE LINE. AND THE LAKE CLAIMED MY ADIDAS HAT :( ARGGG GIFT FROM THE WIFE LAST YEAR... MAN I AM SO TIRED OF THE WIND....DID NOT EVEN GET TO PLAY WITH THE NEW POLE MY WIFE BOUGHT ME LAST NIGHT DAMN IT JIM

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Medster said:
mAN I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ... BUT SAY IS FISHING STILL GOOD EVEN IN THAT KINDA WIND???
Oh yeah. Guys have been pounding the fish up in south park all spring and its been howling everyday. Try and get your back to it. Or throw a lot of weight and keep the rod tip close to the water.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The wind is a fishermans secret weapon to locating certain species of fish. It cAn get so windy its hard to fish though!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
soonerfisher said:
The wind is a fishermans secret weapon to locating certain species of fish. It cAn get so windy its hard to fish though!
You got that right. Hint: When the waves are pounding the shore, this fish are there also looking for crayfish that get dislodged.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I don't want it to stop - it keeps fair-weather fisherman at home, leaving more room for the nutjobs like me. Plus, when I cast with the wind at my back, it makes me look like I know what I'm doing!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
FishDr said:
I don't want it to stop - it keeps fair-weather fisherman at home, leaving more room for the nutjobs like me. Plus, when I cast with the wind at my back, it makes me look like I know what I'm doing!
I was going to comment on the fair weather fishing, but you beat me to it. I love fishing in harsh conditions especially when it's raining I do my best on the Crappies.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
ly, I don't think its been much windier than normal here in CO-spring is always a windy season here. Its just that we have all year to forget about it until, the next spring.

Look at it this way, the wind mixes the water and helps it warm up faster-a good thing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kirbydog said:
ly, I don't think its been much windier than normal here in CO-spring is always a windy season here. Its just that we have all year to forget about it until, the next spring.

Look at it this way, the wind mixes the water and helps it warm up faster-a good thing.
good point kirb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts