Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Despite the warm weather milting male walleyes were still on their spawning grounds out east. Yet, some white bass were already spawning. First to come, last to leave. That was true for stragglers this weekend:

And early comers (no pun intended):

“Willing males” is a tautology; males always seem to be willing. The true whores of most (if not all) species I can think of. On the positive side, it’s Mother Nature’s way of insuring that at least some offsprings carry the gene pool forward. Spread the milt and thou shalt procreate more!

The cold front on Friday killed the bite, but we had a pretty good weekend nonetheless. We caught a fair number of fish and we ate good too.

Rib eye steaks on the grill:

Lamb:

Feathers:

Before I forget, filthy bass polluting my white bass waters:

Bass ain't got nothin' on whites, pound for pound.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
You said you were tired of eyes and were gonna go catch trout!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said you were tired of eyes and were gonna go catch trout!
I did catch trout. And I got tired of it. And now I am catching warm water species. The eyes were caught by accident while I was trying to catch white bass. :D

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Yep... When the LILACS start blooming in My Neighbors bushes...
Normally, a good Walleye bite starts at My local hole...
AO... I have a grill like that !!!
AND... an 'unopened" bottle of Turkey... >:D
Nice job on the Fishies !!
Looks like a location near crook?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Nice work, Linh!

Looks like it was a good time. I agree with you, by the way. If the size is equal, I'd rather catch White Bass over the more popular variety... :biggrin1:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Verty cool, Linh... I def love whites.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good work, I had fresh fish and wild turkey 81 myself last week! Ill be headed out that way May 1st and hope for a good trip like you had.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts