Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I saw a lady sitting on an inflatable raft at Lake Cormet in Minnesota get attacked by a monster pike. No kidding. I was in a boat out from shore probably 100 yards from her. She was floating real close to shore riding with the current when I heard the inflatable explode, she yelled out with this horrific scream. She then paused and screamed again. I have never seen a person run on water but that day I did. I went over there to see what was going on. I figured she hit something sharp in the water. But she explained to me what happened. She felt something come up of the water and hit the inflatable which caused it to explode. Then she felt something hit her leg. Yep she got bit by a giant pike. I could never find that pike, and I did try.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I had the privilege of watching a Musky attack its prey during my vacation to Minnesota this year. There was a nice sized musky (45+") that would hang around in 5' water near the boatramp at Lake Miltona. The kids and I named him Charlie and we would watch for him during launches or loads each time. One day as we were watching, he just took off after a school of baitfish right in front of us. The speed was amazing and even more impressive were his gills flaring as he chased the little bluegill. Big muskies are truly at the top of the food chain.

It was one of those cool moments in which we were fortunate to have seen nature in action...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roadkill said:
too bad they dont swim in schools like the pacific barracuda
If that was the case, I don't think I'd ever go into muskie or pike infested waters with my bellyboat again.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As I was reading the articles they mentioned There were large muskies in Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. I never knew that. Lake Calhoun is in THE MIDDLE of the city and I spent years windsurfing there...maybe I should have been muskie fishing. Never had one bite me though.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
A friend of mine was telling me about a mermaid lure he found in a Minn. lake several years ago. He still has it. It inspired me to make a Barbie lure. I stole one of my 7 year old's Barbie's after getting her permission. I screwed an eyelet into the top of her head. I put a few more into her belly button area, crotch area, and the soles of both feet. Then I put treble hooks on them. Do you think they would actually catch muskie? I'm thinking of getting a Barbie lifejacket for it so I can use it as a topwater.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
silicone boy said:
A friend of mine was telling me about a mermaid lure he found in a Minn. lake several years ago. He still has it. It inspired me to make a Barbie lure. I stole one of my 7 year old's Barbie's after getting her permission. I screwed an eyelet into the top of her head. I put a few more into her belly button area, crotch area, and the soles of both feet. Then I put treble hooks on them. Do you think they would actually catch muskie? I'm thinking of getting a Barbie lifejacket for it so I can use it as a topwater.
SiliconeBoy! I have heard and done some very strange things.........but this tops it all! :) Let me know if it works~

Dan

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I am a very creative person (part of my job) and it comes out in strange ways. Unfortunately, the Barbie lure is kind of cumbersome and is hard to cast. Maybe I should use her little sister Kelly. I've heard tales of muskies going after little children.

Another reason I haven't used it fishing yet is that I had a personal assistant that looked like Barbie a few years back. The was a dead ringer for the plastic version, only she was 6 foot tall with legs that didn't stop. I was the envy of every man I knew. It was a sad day when she announced that she was going back to school. It hurts my feelings to think that a muskie would attack my former assistant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts