Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I could use that for my little Harbor Freight trailer. Short wheelbase..can't see it out of the back window..and by the time you see it in either mirror..you've already over corrected...In fact ..if you can't see the trailer..you're going straight...or I could just pick up one of those bike flags on a stick again. Probably cheaper.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I hear when you check that option box it completely depletes your Man Card account...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
smh....backing a boat or trailer up should be one of those things everyone knows how to do....like being able to swim.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
It's an old man thing, hard for them to use mirrors or turn there heads to looks back. Everything gets hard and confusing for old men.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hobie,

n fact ..if you can't see the trailer..you're going straight...or I could just pick up one of those bike flags on a stick again. Probably cheaper.
I had a super small trailer that was a ***** to see whether going forward or backing up so I bought a couple of reflective fiberglass rods that we use to mark curbs for snow plowing and mounted them on both sides of the end of the trailer. Cost me about $4 bucks at "Homie Depot". Problem solved.....

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Hobie,

I had a super small trailer that was a ***** to see whether going forward or backing up so I bought a couple of reflective fiberglass rods that we use to mark curbs for snow plowing and mounted them on both sides of the end of the trailer. Cost me about $4 bucks at "Homie Depot". Problem solved.....
Yep..that's what I need.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Turn right to go left. Or is it turn left to go left? I can never remember, and it usually requires some trial and error, particularly in tight spaces.
Wow just wow...grab the steering wheel at the bottom...right is right and left is left...hopefully technology never fails...gonna have a whole generation of dipsheet youngsters that wont know how to do anything for themselves...

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Go to a parking lot with the boat. Don't leave until you know how to do it.

I'm always amazed at all the people who struggle with this. It isn't that hard.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My II Cents

Pretty simple to me.

Should people that can't back up a trailer be allowed to vote, have kids or fish?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mount a ball on the front bumper, problem solved. Easy to snake a boat into some really tight places.
I had a Fuels Mitigation client when I was in college who put a hitch on the from of his tractor for pushing his wood chipper thru the woods chipping where it landed. Cleared it's own path. Worked awesome. Another friend owns a stump grinding business and does the same thing.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I like the reflector idea a lot!!! I have a hard time seeing the trailer if the boat isn't on it! A shorter bed truck would help a lot also.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
I have an 8 foot bed and a shorter trailer than you, a topper and no rear view mirror...it fell off 3 years ago...if the trailer pops out on either side you have to go the other way and you have a pretty good idea where your rear wheels end up in relation to the lake edge to know how far you need to back up on most occasions...its like when you were a kid playing one on in hoops and I know you did Neal...and you shot kareems sky hook from down in the paint...you knew where you were on the floor...you didnt have to see the hoop to know where you needed to release it...same with a boat...if you cant see it out either side and you are backing down straight it has to be straight...and your rear wheels usually end up at the same point unless it is really shallow or really deep...buy some of those blue harbor freight lights for night launching or retrieving and set them up like runway lights makes it so much easier...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.