Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a belly boat. I'm so excited, especially since I caught a fish on it the first day I used it. I used it at Aurora, and I want to use it everywhere I can before things start to ice up. I know Quincy is closed, I think I will take it to Spinney this weekend, but what are some other places you guys suggest for belly boating.

I don't really care where in the stae, but the closer to Denver, the easier for me to fish.

Thanks in advance.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
evergreen is close....Quincy...pretty endless question really. I would hit some smaller ponds by your house. You never know what those little ponds have swimmin around. Many of the largemouths over 5lbs I catch through out the year are out of little tiny neighborhood ponds.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I like taking mine out on the small ponds here in Loveland and Ft. Collins. Either get out in the middle or get to the places on the shoreline that I can't reach from shore because of trees and such.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
williams fork would be great if you could get there.
And starting next year, bellyboats will be allowed at jerry creek reservoirs!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can get to williams fork in just under two hours i think, but jerry creek would be like 4 hours, haha, out of the question for now, thanks though

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
lol I dig. anything more than an hour away for me is out of the question. Damn gas prices.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
lol I dig. anything more than an hour away for me is out of the question. Damn gas prices.
I'm about the same way but will go as far as 2 hours... the problem I have is there are so many great places to fish along the way that its hard to go that far to fish somewhere.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
ePiC said:
TroutFishingBear said:
I'm about the same way but will go as far as 2 hours... the problem I have is there are so many great places to fish along the way that its hard to go that far to fish somewhere.
lol I dont have your problem over here epic. I do live 2 min away from a pond that is stocked with rainbows and has the occaisional bass though, as well as living 1.5 mi away from a monster catfish hole on the colorado river. It also is gaining smallmouth rapidly. Besides that I have to drive 45 min to jerry or juniata and then an hour- hour and half for a bunch of good places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts