Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spring is officially here and many (if not most) lakes in the plains are now open to boating. One would think that this forum would be flooded with reports from all the boaters who have been confined to their homes all winter. So, after listening you whine all winter long, I ask you: where are the pics, gentlemen? :biggrin1: What was all that hype about boating and open water and spring all about? At least some of you have to have caught something worth posting... Let's see those limits and those monster fish. :-*

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
the pic was of a fish so big it couldnt fit in a post, and so descriptive of a catch the character limit would have been reached.. :)

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
boat hasnt moved since nov 30th other priorities...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Gonna fire the BOAT up Sun. Morn at Chatty...
Give a test run to the NEW ANS proceedures...
AND the NEW ANS shack.....
Might even get some fishin in....::)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Too much prime time ice action at the moment to even think about that yet! There will be plenty of time for that later....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You asked for it

Sold my boat in Ak to a Doctor, I had a few things to fix and then several Gremlins showed up, I think this boat is like a revengeful pissed off girlfriend that knows i'm getting rid of her cause several things that worked fine last year acted up so it's been a challenge. The weather was frigid the first week we were here and when we tried to do a Sea trial the Harbor entrance was froze up. I'm taking some of the Doc's Doc buddies out tomorrow and fishing the winter King derby so I went out today for a test run and to make sure the Salmon gear was tuned up. I had the wife with me today and we were having netting issues I lost one with a bad net job that looked well over 30lbs and it straightened the hook. Saltwater King fishing is a kick in the ass, talk about drag screaming, got to get it together for tomorrow that fish could be worth 20k.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I would love to stay here and it might be safer, Granby's gonna have sketchy ice and extreme spring Snowmobiling waiting for me along with lots of work.
Still a couple days to change my plans,lol.
Lake Powell might just work, another long trip to fish 2 days!!

Time to go fish the Derby today, gotta get my lucky shirt on.
The Doc's cancelled, taking my Russian friend Ivan and his son out.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Awesome salmon Steve!...Awesomer sun photo though!!...just stunning!!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welp, I got another skunk on the boat yesterday. That's 3 skunk boat trips in a row. Actually, I technically did not skunk last Friday. I caught a 10" bass... :D

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I would love to stay here and it might be safer, Granby's gonna have sketchy ice and extreme spring Snowmobiling waiting for me along with lots of work.
Still a couple days to change my plans,lol.
Lake Powell might just work, another long trip to fish 2 days!!

Time to go fish the Derby today, gotta get my lucky shirt on.
The Doc's cancelled, taking my Russian friend Ivan and his son out.
good luck in the derby! looks like you guys are off your back porch in that shot. nice not having to run so far for the kings......

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welp, I got another skunk on the boat yesterday. That's 3 skunk boat trips in a row. Actually, I technically did not skunk last Friday. I caught a 10" bass... :D
What are you waistin your time on a boat for!? I thought you were a creature of the night! 10"bass vs 30" walleye :cool:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts