Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, what has happened to this board? I used to come here pretty often, and there was always a decent amount of traffic and discussions about the fly fishing conditions, tactics, etc. But, I posted a comment back on November 28th, and there hasn’t been a single thing posted since. Did all you bait dunkers run em all off? (Kidding, I fish with bait all the time, but generally not in rivers for trout.) Anyway, just wondering what’s happened.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Yeah, it died a while back. Too bad it was fun for a lot of years.

I'm still fly fishing but from the bank now. Wrights Lake, Hayden Meadows etc. Anywhere that I don't need to get in the water.

Old fart fishing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pete,

Well, I'm getting close to old fart status. Just turned 68. I still get in the water. Had a pretty good day in the Deckers area over the weekend. Quite a few folks on the river, but still managed to pull out about a 22" bow. I'd post a picture, but this website uses pretty old fashioned technology, and I can't figure it out. Oh, well. Have a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Nice fish.

I had no problem wading at 68 but I turn 77 this week and my balance has left me. I'd crash and drown now.

I'm really close to hanging up fly fishing and going back to a bubble and fly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete, I know my balance is not what it once was. I use a collapsible staff at all times now. Never used to, but a couple dunkings in the last few years convinced me I needed that extra balance point.

I still hunt quail and pheasant, but I head out at 9 and I’m usually done by 3 or so. Oh, well. Doesn’t matter if you use a fly rod or a spinning reel a bobber and a worm. It’s just good to get out there.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Matt

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice fish.

I had no problem wading at 68 but I turn 77 this week and my balance has left me. I'd crash and drown now.

I'm really close to hanging up fly fishing and going back to a bubble and fly.
The fly and bubble method is real fun fishing that has caught me some impressive browns. I enjoy fishing like that in spring and summer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I hit 71 last year and don't do as much wading as I used to. If I wade at all I use a wading stick to ensure I don't get myself in trouble. More and more I have migrated to my pontoon and fish from it. Still have the legs to kick myself around the lake using fins. It has been years since I used a fly and a bubble. Till I can no longer manage the pontoon that will probably be my main fly fishing platform.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fellow fly fisherman and forum user here. Hope I can contribute some good stuff as I get out on the rivers in Colorado pretty often! Take care, dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts