Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I'm hoping to catch my first walleye this spring. I've never fished For Eyes in my entire life. Any help finding places to fish for them, bait to use, technique, and time of day or night would be greatly appreciated. I have no boat so I fish from Shore. I live in Fort Collins I cannot travel very far often. Thanks for any/all help.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Horsetooth is full of them...tons of threads on techniques if u use the search button on here...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Horsetooth
Carter
Douglas
Wellington #3
Smith
Blackhollow
My nephew caught one out of an irrigation ditch east of Pierce once.
Bout anywhere

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im moving to Colorado in another year and was woundering about Hosetooth . Is that the name of the Lake , reservoir . Looking at locations to move and I have to find the fishing spots before I decide where we are moving. Thinking about the springs since its close to my girlfriends kids.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Call Neal Wilkinson at Rocky Mountain Abventure guides he's one of the best, and has by far the best rates, very affordable and you will learn more in one day that might otherwise take you many years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carter

Do I need a boat to fish Walleye? Also what lakes/reservoirs do you recommend for shore fishing walleye?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You don't need a boat but having a way to get out on the lake-kayak, tube, pontoon really helps much of the year.

No secrets left in CO-we have about 100,000 ac of water and 4 million people. Do the math.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts