Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
S.W. sells a brand called Freshwater Baics. the only thing I have bought is tube jigs and jig heads, so I don't know if they have worms and stuff, but it would be worth checking out.

D

·
0 Posts
There is a small company in Utah that makes some unsalted soft baits. Even those that he usually makes with salt can be custom-poured without salt. I'm not affiliated with them. I've fished some of their regular stick baits and really liked them. He'll also pour custom colors if that's your thing. The company is Maniac Custom Lures and their website is www.maniaccustomlures.com.

I also buy plastics at High Country Bass, but a lot of theirs (including the bulk tubes) have salt molded in, or at least they did when I did a thorough check of all the bins a couple months ago. And all the Yamamoto plastics have salt.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
On page 2 of this forum I made a post about High Country Bass'n Shop. They have always had both salted and unsalted plastics and have recently added a new line of unsalted/unscented plastics. 1126 S. Sheridan

D

·
0 Posts
kastmisser said:
....High Country Bass'n Shop. They have always had both salted and unsalted plastics and have recently added a new line of unsalted/unscented plastics. 1126 S. Sheridan
Cool! I like that shop. I'm glad to hear they've added a bunch of unsalted unscented stuff!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Buy the salted ones and wash it off and put it in your tackle box no one will know but you...in fact that is what the wardens were saying up at Delaney Buttes last weekend...

D

·
0 Posts
zman said:
Buy the salted ones and wash it off and put it in your tackle box no one will know but you...in fact that is what the wardens were saying up at Delaney Buttes last weekend...
Most of them have the salt actually molded into the plastic. If you look carefully you can see the salt crystals embedded.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for this info guys. This is news I can use. Some of my favorite urban bass spots are AFLO and plastics are my favorite way to fish them.

Does the packaging clearly say "unscented"? A few wildlife agents I have talked to are under the impression that 99% of the plastics made have some kind of salt or fish oil and will rule them out if they see anglers using them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I like it too, IMO it's the best place on the west side to buy plastics, ice jigs and live bait. They have packaged plastics, but the best deals are on the bulk  ones that you can buy individually. I imagine that if a warden ticketed you, the folks at Bass'n Shop would back you up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts