Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a packet of Nymph Heads in brown. Want to give 'em shiny black eyes - and not by punching them, either. ::)

You'd think an art nerd like me would know where to go. And I already checked, Meininger does not carry these anymore.

I found a multi pack of colors today at Discount Tackle for $30 - all I really need right now is black, and maybe silver.

I guess I'll call Guiry's tomorrow. Yes, I have a gazillion sharpies - but they rub off.

Any other ideas are always welcome. Anybody ever use enamel model paint?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hobby Lobby for sure. I use them for rod building. Colpar Hobbies also

Bob

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is Aaron Bros in town or on line? (Any excuse I have to go to an art supply is good enough for me!) ;)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I'm such a clueless idiot. All I saw about Aaron Bros was that they were a 'framing place'.

Now I am trying to convince myself that I need to go back there. You check out the recent 'Denver Flyshop' over there? Upstairs on the south side near the AT&T shop?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer. No dice on those darned 'Deco Art' pens - sad thing is I had them in every color they made 20 years ago!
Now they're super hard to find. I have a young lady at Meininger keeping a lookout for the 'x-fine tip' paint Sharpies in black. (Think she said next week or so).

Kicking myself because I think I saw them at McGuckin's last time we were there. I was trying to find a metallic pen to mark all of our ice fishing gear (hubby has bad habit of losing things - sound familiar?)

Not a bad little place though - reminds me I need to get my 'Trout, Salmon and Char of North America' posters framed. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts