Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this cold spell and quite a few lakes already froze,where's everybody goin this saturday? I'm torn between Lake John or Cowdrey. Also some of Wolford is froze.one more week till 11-mile,I think.Theres Chambers,Barnes Meadow,Dillon,too many lakes,too little time!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I definatly got the hard water fever! I am heading to Dowdy first if not enough ice i will head to John. I was at the sportsman last night and heard that John and Cowdry is good to go. Dowdy, West lake should be good by Saturday gonna hit Chambers Following week and if enough ice Stagecoach first of the year for some pike!

Tight lines and bent Rods!
Grizz

·
Registered
935 Posts
I might give Barnes Meadow a quick shot and head to Chambers for a Mack fix if only stockers are biting at Barnes - But it might be Sunday, instead of Saturday (depends on weather).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am thinking about heading up to chambers Saturday not positive yet still have to see if any better late night offers come along.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you go to chambers, and you see a 6' tall guy in a forrest green Parka (hood up or black hat) and black snow pants, pulling a jet sled, and urging a smaller blonde woman to set the hook before reeling the fish in, it's probably me and my wife.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I been thinking a lot about Lake John, but it would have to be Sunday for me. Cut, send me a PM of you are going to Chambers, maybe I'll meet you there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not this sunday but the following I will be heading to John. If you split my gas and let me tell the biggest lie i would welcome a co piolet. Let me know.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods

Grizz

·
Registered
405 Posts
If I don't end-up at the Denver Parade of lights Friday night with my daughters, I was considering Chambers on Saturday, but I haven't decided yet for sure. The possiblities are starting to open up quickly as the ice lids continue to harden.

One thing is for sure, I want to focus on lakes I've never ice fished before, and with the exception of Dillon, and Wolford mentioned on this thread I haven't fished any of the others.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Saturday and Sunday look like good bets on Chambers for this weekend, but snow might be deeper than usual after this week.  Winds aren't supposed to be too bad.

I'll probably send you a PM on Friday, Reg, if I am going on Saturday. I am toying with the idea of going to Parvin.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I may try Lake John. Saw a picture of two monster trout iced last weekend. Sure wish they would move that lake so it wasn't so darned far away!

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just read in the Post that 11-mile was 80% iced. With this cold snap It will only get thicker.I'm almost certain to hit it on saturday. Was gonna hit Wolford but with the expected snow storm and ski traffic on saturday its a no-brainer to go south.YEE-HAW!

·
Registered
10 Posts
FYI :-\

I called the number below and they said there is only about 2 inchs of ice on Eleven Mile some of it soft so its not ready to be walked on she said Tarryall might be a better choice for this weekend

Eleven Mile State Park
4229 Co Rd 92
Lake George, CO 80827
(719) 748-3401 (phone)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have snowmobiled into chambers from the larimie river campground road. Watch the snow drifts and come in from dam side.

Bent Rods and Tight Lines!
Grizz

·
Registered
935 Posts
laramie Ri. Rd. is definitely the way to go in by snow machine. On foot, the campground entrance is easier (not so much uphill).

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
island lake on the mesa. plenty of ice up to 7". Many stocker rianbows, the occaisional brookie and cut, and the occasional splake. Used to be really good for big splake but they stopped stocking it in the 90's but they began again in the early 2000's so most of the splake are small now but they will get bigger!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts