Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Denver at the end of October and will be finished my work at noon on a Friday. I would like to go somewhere within a couple of hours of the Airport where I could trout fish Saturday and return to Denver to fly home Sunday. I have no clue where to go for such a short time. I don't want to get a guide, just go to a lake or stream where I can have a fair chance of catching some trout. Just so you'll know... I'm not a fly fisherman. I use ultra light spinning tackle. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I WOULD HIT THE SOUTH PLATTE RIVER BY DECKERS

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
The south platte is ok,but I like the area below where the north fork enters. Basically this is the upper (south) end of waterton canyon.Nice fish,nice hike,nice scenery and if you walk down the east side,no people!

·
Registered
943 Posts
SLAYER I AGREE I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET HIM IN A NICE AREA

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Yeah,cool! I've always done well down there.There are some bruisers that live in strontia springs reservoir! The fish up by Deckers are pretty smart,I prefer the dumber ones!

·
Registered
943 Posts
ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FISH OR WOMEN? J/K

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input. I've heard that the North Fork of the South Platte is good, so Slayer's suggestion seems good to me. I also like the no people part. Slayer, can you give me the name of a town close by so I can look for a place to stay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Jeez-now you ask a tough question! Possibly the town of Pine or Deckers,they are the closest. If you follow the north fork downstream till it joins the main stem theres a parking area and a bridge.Walk across the bridge to the east and go left.Nice path,most people walk on the parking area side.Nice browns in october!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts