Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was heading out this weekend and was wondering where to go? I was thinking boyd but also wanted to go to gross. I also wanted to try and go up to the lake west of Ft. Collins by red feathers but can't decide.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lake I was thinking of by red feathers is Chambers lake. Did that lake's name change cause it looked like on the map it is called Joe Wright Reservoir now is that correct? What is the fishing like up there? Haven't been in a couple of years.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Joe wright and chambers are two different lakes. J.W. is on south side of highway and Chambers is on north. you will probably need to walk into chambers for laketrout or drive up to J.W. for Grayling. J.W. would be my choice of the three you brought up!
Post if you go

Jim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about chambers but the drive is a little long and was looking to go somewhere close within an hour from denver but with the warm weather and winds it won't take very long to melt the ice off so I may have to go a little farther.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So not very many people are helping out here hopefully that means they are fishing!!! So my Three places were gross which is still open water, Chambers which is a little longer than I want to go and Haven't heard anything much about Boyd and the ice conditions. I saw in a different report that aurora was pretty good today considering the wind. I havent been Ice fishing for two years. Last year the wife was due with our new son and couldn't venture very much. just wondering were a good place to go would be. Any help would be nice. ???

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Sorry I can't be of any help, left for christmas in socal the day my spot got decent ice so I haven't been out either. Will be heading out for the first ice trip of the season friday or saturday(getting back on the 1st). My wife is pregnant with our 4th too, but after living with me and three fishing fools for sons she is happy to get us outta her hair whenever she can now. It is either kiss us goodbye when we go fishin, or have to sit there and listen to fishin talk from us all day ;D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
From what I have read Green MT and Wolford are just now getting a safe lid. There is supposed to be a cold front moving into the MT's Sat and Sun. If you are concerned about the ice thickness I would wait untill Sun. and hit Green Mt for kokes or lakers or Wolford for trout. People have been fishing Granby and Willow Creek also. Boyd seems to be kind of slow so far. Good luck, Weird Al

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Chambers is like Johnson Res or whatever on the map - no clue why, but thats what it is. I hear it's a long walk to get on ice there from 14, but some nice lakers up there. It's the big one off of 14 and Laramie River Road.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts