Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Its in south central/central nebraska.Just look on a map.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Damn it's all the way on the other side, too far. Wish i had a personal jet to make it there.

T

·
0 Posts
I have Buzz's Marine on my favorites folder. Nebraska have some good fishin'!

I saw crappies like that @ the Denver Zoo this pass weekend. I wish I had taken my rod & jig.

JK.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
HookNLine said:
Thanks for the info. Damn it's all the way on the other side, too far. Wish i had a personal jet to make it there.
dont need a jet just a big block ford and a lead foot

does that lake ice over?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I've fished Sherman, it has always had a good crappie population in it.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Topic buster:
It's interesting to see that Nebraska school systems are no better at teaching spelling and grammar than they are in Colorado. At least not to kids that grow up to be fishermen.

On topic:
I see tons of huge crappies being taken in Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and lots of other surrounding states. Most of the crappies I catch in Colorado are the size of my hand. What gives? Can't we raise crappies in Colorado? This has been a big puzzle to me.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I've only caught 1 crappie this year and it was at Brush Hollow (black crappie) and he was 15 inches which I think is pretty respectable for a crappie.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
e thats a nice crappie in my book. i guess theres gotta be more that size in there them being schooling fish and all i just cant find em heck i havent caught more than 2 crappie at a time from the hollow of any size other places if you found 1 you found a dozen or more similar sized fish guess i just need more practice at the hollow

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
e thats a nice crappie in my book. i guess theres gotta be more that size in there them being schooling fish and all i just cant find em heck i havent caught more than 2 crappie at a time from the hollow of any size other places if you found 1 you found a dozen or more similar sized fish guess i just need more practice at the hollow
Yeah, I was targetting bass when I caught the crappie but after a while I decided to try and catch crappie and couldnt locate anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts