Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with this LaNina crap? ??? It's really messing with my ice fishing. When's it gonna get cold? The lakes by Bunea Vista and Leadville are still open as far as I know. Elevenmile is only half safe. Last year at this time all the lakes already over a foot of ice. I've only had minus 10, five times this winter. Usually Florissant's an ice box. And snow, whats that this year? Getting it all west of here. :'(

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm hoping it's gonna just pull a 2005/06 and just destroy us this winter... but it's not looking like it. if this continues, it's gonna be a drought year this spring and the lakes we fish will be paying for it.

I imagine granby isn't safe, and usually around this time people are trying to push the limits.

I'm effing pissed. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Bernie and Terry were talking this morning on the radio show...Bernie said it will between Christmas and New Years just like it is every year for Granby...

Keeping my truck running in the driveway around the clock is working...we may not have ice down here...I can shore fish all spring!!!...woo hoo...the plastic palm tree on my ice sled is helping too...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
zman said:
Bernie and Terry were talking this morning on the radio show...Bernie said it will between Christmas and New Years just like it is every year for Granby...

Keeping my truck running in the driveway around the clock is working...we may not have ice down here...I can shore fish all spring!!!...woo hoo...the plastic palm tree on my ice sled is helping too...
No the problem is that you haven't been fishing....Too busy...Plan a trip...and the snow will surely come....

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I just havent gotten the ice fishing bug...happy with my home improvement projects and watching football...its cold out on the ice...and I dont want to drive all the way to the mountains for trout...unless there is a contest...or it is lake trout...where I can get far enough away from GoFindYourOwnDamnBernieToFishWithTooFast...bwaahaahahahahahaa

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Home improvement projects over ice fishing. How hard did you hit your head??
Get everything done in the dead of winter so me and my boat living 4 miles from Aurora can live happily ever after this summer...There's wiper in them thar hills...and state record smallies, cats and walleyes...if it doesnt winterkill again...and the one below still swims it isnt hanging in the batcave!...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
sswan said:
That fish is an apex predator--Is that out of Aurora?
Yeppers...Jurassic Pond as I like to call it...everything grows to prehistoric sizes...but it doesnt cough them up easily...it was never weighed...but I think Jeff (Batman) got my 20 pounder...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weathers pissing me off now. Antero is starting to open up on the west end. From Alpinefishers report, it looks like Elevenmile is toast. ??? :'(

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
This is goodness. Lots of light and weeds (and fish) not dying in the darkness. Lots of oxygen in the water. And lots of big fish in the Spring if this holds up...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
This winter sucks! A 20 year birthday tradition is going to die at the feet of La Nina...she's a *****! For the last twenty years I have fished with friends and my son after he was born for the Christmas holiday week and both places I normally go are now in crappy shape! Not sure what i will do...I want cold!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SSwan, you need to move to Flordia. ;D I'm ready for a cold snap. Last year at this time, I had zero to minus 20 every night. This year I've had minus 10 4 different times. :'( :mad:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I drove for 7 hours today looking for fishable ice. Grand Lake and Shadow look OK, well the frozen sections do. Unfortunately the good ice is protected by 4 foot snow banks :'(. I checked Evergreen on the way out and there was too much open water on top of the ice for me to risk it by myself.
There were people ice skating on the way home ::).
Everyone needs to think cold thoughts about Granby.

Adam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts