Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to catch a good amount of crawfish near Colorado springs!!! Does anyone know of any good lakes, ponds, or streams around here?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Pikeview and fountain creek.....:puke:

·
Banned
553 Posts
Any body of water usually has crawdads. They are even in the stream behind the house. Used to leave the trap out overnight at a part on the platte river and id get 10-15. I used those tails for tipping baits. The ones out of chatty i wine and dine with.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Eleven mile sucked I caught a total of 9
Sight fish them things. I leave traps out for hours. Roll whatever bit youre using in some masa, it will fall off before it hits the bottom but it produces a great scent. You can use almost anything. Just dont accidently trip and spill your bait in the water. Lmao

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did catch 2 nice pike though and maybe I was in the wrong spot for craw dad's I was at the north shore

·
Registered
902 Posts
if you can't catch a ton of crawdads at the Mile you should take up knitting!

they are easy to catch there.

my gf even caught a lobster sized one ice fishing

dont even need a trap. a local told me they just use trays not even traps to catch them chicken wire or some kinda mesh stuff with a 2 inch lip around a 3 foot square or so. zip tie cat food can poked with holes to it. rope tied to tray. slide tray in after soaking a few hours. they wont even jump off.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
walk the shore at night, if you have boots or waders wear them so you can step into the water. I like a small flashlight and a small net like you would use for trout. take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it in a couple or hours. I have done it, I have used traps overnight and only caught a few for bait, 8 or 10 per trap, I use 2 traps. in some streams I have filled a trap in 30 minutes. you can loose a trap in a stream if it gets caught in the rocks. in a stream look for a deep hole without much current

1 - 14 of 14 Posts