Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been fishing much over the last two years, between research/experiments around the state in summer and school the rest of the year there isnt much time. However I went ice fishing a few weekends ago and caught the fishing disease all over again, leaving me ready to go for a long weekend over spring break (mid march). So here is the point of this post; Where should I go to catch some fish?

I would prefer warm water species or salmon, however I would go for some 20+ inch trout. I go to school in Ft Collins and the parents house is just outside Denver. I would prefer to stay within 2 hour drive of either city however I can extend that a little more if I can camp nearby. What do you recommend?

I do have a little 12' boat I drug out and am trying to get water-worthy in time so places with both shore and boat fishing would be awesome.

-Matt

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Mid to late March is still pretty slow for warm weather species, but you could try the following lakes within two hours of denver: Union Reservoir, Boyd Lake, Jackson lake, and Sterling. I'm not sure what you mean by warm water species, but these lakes are where I would pursue my warm water species close to Denver. Or you could do what I am planning to do for Spring Break: go to Kansas.

For Salmon within two hours of denver, try Green Mountain and Williams Fork (which is actually a little more than two hours).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts