Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of fly fishing in CO during the summer, but never fished there in the fall. What is my best bet for fly fishing the weekend of 10/23? I'm looking to get into some good sized trout, not as concerned about numbers.

Maybe a tailwater? Will the browns still be spawning in Dream Stream? I will be renting a car and driving from Denver, but willing to drive up to 5-6 hours if necessary. I will also probably be camping unless there is a cheap hotel/lodge nearby. Definitely going to have to bring the long underwear!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
At the third left bend on the Ark after Sure Pretty Dr. that where all the biggest fish hang in Colorado on the 23 of October

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Dang can't stop
On the 24 they all head over to the South Platte for some fine dinning before taking off for the Colorado River for the weekend festival Oh dear jebus I'm sober and this is that funny

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Hi I am a FLYGUIDE, can you tell me were to catch a fish ??

::) ::) ::) 720, I thought they all ran up to 7-11 on the 23rd, or is it the 22nd ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
The big trout all left Colorado yesterday, downstream on the Colorado River into Utah... tough luck. :p

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
b4 you guys brand me a trout murdering moron, ;D , they're draining the lake so they all will persish anyway.
Dude, you were branded long before this weekend! >:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slayer - Re-read my original post--I said BIG trout... ;)

FlyFishGeek - I have guided in CO, but only in the summers. Don't have much knowledge about how my favorite rivers fish this late in the year, so I was hoping for some help from those who fish CO year round.

To those who actually wanted to help me out--thanks for the PMs!

ghosttale said:
too bad....... >:D

SLAYERFISH said:
Too bad, I caught them all yesterday!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Dude just got a report, All the big fish are MISSING!------ Amber alert!-------- Keep your eye's peeled for a red astro van w/license plate reads-- Fshkilr-- subject is armed with a fillet knife and a branded attitude
This guy is a killer, do not attempt to apprehend call the po po

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
720fly said:
Dude just got a report, All the big fish are MISSING!------ Amber alert!-------- Keep your eye's peeled for a red astro van w/license plate reads-- Fshkilr-- subject is armed with a fillet knife and a branded attitude
This guy is a killer, do not attempt to apprehend call the po po
FREAKING HILARIOUS !!! a real coffee spitter !!

As far as fishing in the winter, it is Colorado. Put up your gear and go skiing or ice fishing, as for me I can't wait. The colder the better for fishing the rivers

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
cochise said:
Yeah that's the only conditions for keeping big fish.
Slayer, dont ever feel bad for being the butcher. Dude, are you getting soft?
Nah, I'm gonna butcher another batch next Monday! ;D
Thx for keeping me real, Cochise-

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.