Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we filed our taxes yesterday. We have a healthy refund coming back to us in a couple weeks...

We are allocating the majority to savings and a portion to fix our sick vehicle.

Whitney and I have decided to each spend a little money on ourselves, to keep the temptation of dipping into savings in check.

I will have $150 to spend any way I choose. :) pretty awesome feeling. Since I will be focusing this summer on panfish and catfish, I've been thinking about buying a second catfish rod and reel setup to exactly match my current rig... Its about 150, all told.

I had also contemplated getting a new tackle box and maybe beefing up my fly repertoire a bit.

So many options!!!

What would you guys suggest? Should I get a matched cat rig or spend it on terminal tackle and a nice big Tackle box?

Or other suggestions? :)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ that's a pretty nice rig at a good price! Can't say I have ever really wanted a baitcaster though...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Tackle warehouse, free shipping and sometimes you can find 20% off the whole store ex.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JW... I took a look. I think the mobile site is very restricted in it's content. Ill try to get on a PC and take a look later today. :)

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
park's pass

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Fishnet stockings and a gag ball.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
bwahahahahahahahahaha...no wonder mrs kirbydog wuvs u!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
and there are playgrounds and picnic areas for your boy and wifey anytime u want...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kirby and FFG: Excellent suggestions guys... I'll take those under advisement.

Z: yea man... Parks pass is definitely smart. Maybe then I could join the breakfast club (or whatever) with you crazy a-holes.

Bionic: that's also very smart. Definitely need to get that fund going.

Well, since my fishing license expires in March, I guess I should spend a hundred on a Parks Pass and a fishing license... put the last $50 in a glass jar for the boat fund.

At this pace, I'll have my aluminum V Hull by the time I retire! ;)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Parks pass and license.....
Then you can join C.O.M.A. for the amazingly low price of a "six pack"
Meetings (almost) every weekday in the No. Boat ramp at Chatty @ noon.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Invest it...Make that one fifty pay dividends..A babysitter and a night and two days at Mt. Princeton with the wife...could end up giving you a much better long term return.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hold a good portion of it for gas money to help get you places you have on your radar, that you have wanted to go to, but restrictions on gas funds have held you back from going?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts