Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a boat this Friday, I plan on doing a lot of fishing up north at Carter, Boyd and Horsetooth. But I'm trying to find local fishing holes to take my boat and I'm not having much luck. I know Barr lake is close by, but they only allow a max of 10 hp (do I have to do anything to my boat before I go there in order to fish it, like remove the gas tank?) Just wondering what options I have within 30 minutes of me.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
your options won't include Barr the boat ramp is closed, from Thornton you can go north to st vrain or possibly west to arvada res, other than that the lakes you mentioned and bodecker or lonhagler

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your options won't include Barr the boat ramp is closed, from Thornton you can go north to st vrain or possibly west to arvada res, other than that the lakes you mentioned and bodecker or lonhagler
Thanks for the feedback, the Arvada Res will definitely happen since it's only 5 minutes away from my work. I did not know that St Vrain had boat ramps. That's great to hear. i'm guessing trolling motors only?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
union is a good lake to fish but is pretty expensive, Boyd is fine but you going to fight the crowds the boat ramp is a battle ground especially on weekends' believe there is only one lake at st vrain that has a ramp but from what I understand the crowds are tolerable, fish aren't big but its fishing

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yea, sadly we are limited on the lakes in Colorado. I wish like Minnesota or Wisconsin where some of my friends are we had a lot of lakes.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
If you don't like it go back to Minnafockingsoda!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts