Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in a long time, I may not fish this weekend. What say you?

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking maybe the Atown dam. North wind at 34 MPH but at your back-

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Fk the snow. After my line run through the gauntlet that will be southwest Wyoming I'm granby bound. Not spending this weekend not fishing...

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
A big low-pressure system moving in and dumping some precip? What's not to like? When you all are sitting on your asses at home, just remember I'll be out there somewhere casting haha

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A big low-pressure system moving in and dumping some precip? What's not to like? When you all are sitting on your asses at home, just remember I'll be out there somewhere casting haha
kids-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I was planning on heading east but might just settle for something closer to home. I haven't fished since two weekends ago... I don't mind snow but rain sucks, especially rain whee I normally fish out east. Slippery rocks... muddy roads... and that mud ain't like Colorado mud. It's more slippery than snow.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
rain or snow ain't bad, it's the effin wind i dislike.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I like the wind! And the fish I target like it too, except for crappies.
I get and respect you and yo fishing in da wind, but fo my river fishing, I'll pass. Especially that 20+ mph crap.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I get and respect you and yo fishing in da wind, but fo my river fishing, I'll pass. Especially that 20+ mph crap.
I understand flies don't fly too well in those conditions... For me, 20 mph is just the sweeeet spot! You should come with one of these days, and judge for yourself whether casting bait on 11 ft surf rods in 30 mph wind is for women and children or not. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most of my slimer fishing is done in winds to 35 mph. Not much fun if its wet and cold though.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I understand flies don't fly too well in those conditions... For me, 20 mph is just the sweeeet spot! You should come with one of these days, and judge for yourself whether casting bait on 11 ft surf rods in 30 mph wind is for women and children or not. :biggrin1:

One of these days sir! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Most of my slimer fishing is done in winds to 35 mph. Not much fun if its wet and cold though.
Hard to escape the winds up north.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Bunch of candy asses. We're doing this for the memories. It might be miserable at the time but you'll look back on it fondly.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saturday at Spinney/11-mile: 34 MPH winds from the northeast. heavy Snow. Don't need them memories!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts