Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no kid again, so im going north deep into the void... forecast calls for 50 mph winds but it could be worse... I could still be married. going to drive to northern dreams friday night, and then work my way south from pancho's mexican food... back to the motherland. hopefully it will be bountiful. what about youse?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I hafta move again this weekend. I do get to take my boy and the neighbor kid fishing Sunday. Both 5 year olds that love to mess with their rods. So I imagine I'll be messing with their stuff all day. Probably take em to the north slope rec area.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Moose is stylin, Ryan. Have a good hunt/s up there. Can't wait to get my new setter on some birds. It'll take a load off the old boy.

Thanks. I hear bird count is down but we usually do pretty well.

Sure is fun to hunt with a pointer. Not much is like that. We have one really special dog in our group that is a joy to watch. MOOSE does a good job for how infrequently he is in the field.

When will you get your new pup out?
Such a beautiful pup. Wish I had a yard to get a dog. Doesn't seem fair living in a townhouse.
There are some breeds that are ok in a townhouse. Weims are not included in that statement.

Two days in the car to get here and my pup is driving me crazy. He will be ready to go tomorrow at opening bell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'll start when the Colorado and Kansas pheasant/quail seasons open. I don't do opening weekend because it's too much like going out and drinking on New Years Eve. Too crowded and dangerous with the once a year guys who think that alcohol is an integral part of the day. I'll give up the dumbest birds of the year but I usually get in 30 - 40 days each season (good to be retired!!!). I'm there for the hunt so educated birds are a greater challenge for the dogs and, to me, provide greater rewards.

Thanks. I hear bird count is down but we usually do pretty well.

Sure is fun to hunt with a pointer. Not much is like that. We have one really special dog in our group that is a joy to watch. MOOSE does a good job for how infrequently he is in the field.

When will you get your new pup out?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'll start when the Colorado and Kansas pheasant/quail seasons open. I don't do opening weekend because it's too much like going out and drinking on New Years Eve. Too crowded and dangerous with the once a year guys who think that alcohol is an integral part of the day. I'll give up the dumbest birds of the year but I usually get in 30 - 40 days each season (good to be retired!!!). I'm there for the hunt so educated birds are a greater challenge for the dogs and, to me, provide greater rewards.
Yes it is, I hardly do anything on weekends, other than get ready for the week days.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wow the Slayer of bird hunting!...kill,kill,kill!...wow pile-o-pheasants...nice job!!!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
One tired bird dog.

And our take on a surf and turf dinner. Pheasant and walleye.

And one photo of all the birds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts