Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man with the crappy-ish weather and freekin Holiday, where to go? I think I know where I'm going but thats only 1 day. What to do the other 3?

Maybe Barr again???

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Mountain weather looks pretty good this weekend. I am going the same place I did last weekend.

Not looking forward to the drive home on Monday though......

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I usually don't fish on Memorial Day weekend. By then, I have already fished plenty, so I leave the zoo to the regular zoo goers... ;D

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
WAY TOO COLD for the "pleasure seekers"....;D
Maybe one of the "metro" lakes...:'(

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Hope you all have a good one
20 years ago this weekend I had a secret spot all to myself that I tagged 20 lake trout over 15lbs several mid to high 20's and a 35lber. That spot now is a zoo with multiple guides, etc.
Thinking I'll take the grandkids out on Granby hopefully.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One of the advantages of being retired, is never having to take the boat out on the weekend! I'm just going to buff it a little and get it ready for the week after Memorial Day. I'm going to put a Drotto Boat Latch on it and a standup casting seat . . .so I will be boating in my drive way. . .

·
Registered
338 Posts
Pueblo's gonna be a zoo, and after being surrounded by boats when I was catching(Had the spot pretty much to myself until I found fish)there aint no way. I'm thinking a 2 1/2 hour drive to JM might be better.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I would rather have my arse chewed off by Bionic's Wiesenhammers, Bigun's Labs AND Slayer's Jack Russell than go to any body of water over this holiday weekend! Good luck and safe travels to any of you's that do!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Kansas. Go to Kansas.
Ain't no fish worth catching in KS. If there were, your hero Slayerfish would be there. I did read online that fishing for rough fish such as gars and buffalo fish is excellent at Glen Elder. ;D

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me and Stickbait caught 60 eyes, 40 smallies and 50 drum. In one afternoon. In the same spot. On the same lure.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts