Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to bore you with the details but I'm a couple months shy of 57 and semi-retired. I've decided to get a second home on Lake of the Ozarks in MO. Right on the lake, dock, all that good stuff. Been there quite a bit and its just a great lake. Gonna live there 1/2 the year and live the other 1/2 back here. I've been all over TX, MO, AR and have decided on this lake because it has a good mix of species and its huge-1150 miles of shorline.

Just curious if anybody else has plans to get on the water? Where else are people looking ?

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
I've still got 10 years before I can retire. I,m planning on Fort Peck montana. Nice lake with like 2200 miles of shoreline.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Im thinking Either somewhere in BC Canada or Alaska. I sure hope I have the opinion when im that age.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

L

·
0 Posts
Key West/Carribean. No snow for me.

I have a long time to go though, unless my powerball hits!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Baja Mexico, if we haven't totally pissed them off by then. I'll get a second home there. My retirement dollars will go a long ways there.

I'll also have a trout ranch here to rival the Wigwam club. All my friends here from coloradofisherman.com are invited. It pays to know me!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I will probably go back to Pakistan, and live in the Himalayas..........some of the best trout fishing in the world...................hopefuly the country is still on the map when i retire.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Dog, retirement is a ways out for me yet, but I am hoping to be able to purchase a property somewhere in the next handful of years so I have been thinking about that myself.  I think the one you've got is a great choice, know a guy who has one there and really likes it.  For me personally though, I'll probably go with Florida or Texas for the good year around weather/fishing, numbers of big bass, and good access to numerous fisheries.  Also becuase they are two of the easier places to grab a quick, direct and affordable flight to from DIA.  That's a factor for me b/c I'll mostly be going on short trips, not living there for 6 months like yourself.  If I get something soon it'll most likely be central TX for that reason alone so I can hop and pop in and out fairly regularly, but in the long run I'll most likely end up with one in central Florida so I can go out there for longer durations with the family during the winter and we can have the option of day tripping it to the beach and what not (have to keep the wife happy!).  Anyhow, enjoy having less time to work and more time on the water!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
At 26 I still have a couple of years left, but I will retire in my home state of Michigan or in northern Ontario Canada.

Great choice on the Ozarks. The company that I work for has a condo there. Lots of water so you can move around if it gets crowded. Only down side is all the water-skiers, jet skis and non-fishing boats.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
   We're heading to Livingston Montana. Just a couple blocks from the Yellowstone, another few miles from the Gallitin, and Missouri. The best flyfishing in the world. Alot of great lake like the Peck, Canyon Ferry, etc...
    Oh boy I should not have read this subject...lol...gotta go get ready for work now.... :'(
     have fun and cya on the water!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Chaffee or Gunnison county... I moved to Colorado after I got out of the Army because I have been to 45 of the 50 states and really like Colorado alot. If something happens to change my mind between now and retirement it will be ond of the coastal states with mountains, that way I have the ocean and mountains all in one.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Retire?? I wish I could retire some day.
Im going to find me a sugar momma.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When the wife and I retire, which isn't that many years off, we are thinking about moving down to Central Florida. There are a lot of lakes there and the kind of year-round weather that would be great for boating and fishing :) :) :D. We think that by the time we reach that "retirement age", we will be tired of winters and snow.
Cody

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I have thought about this a lot. I would have to say right now it would be Lake Fork in Texas. That could change though since I won't be retired for at least 21 more years. This is an intresting post. I will most likely be keeping the house here though because you can't beat the summer months up here. ;D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I retired last week and plan on staying in Colorado. You can't beat the weather, the ice fishing is pretty good, bass fishing is OK (did a lot in Kentucky and Indiana) and the hunting. Plus the grandson is here and I don't think I could convice the wife to move away. We were looking at Florida for the beach and the fishing

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Waterwolves-Thats my plan too. Gonna spend Oct-March in MO, then back here for the warm months because I grew up back east with the heat, humidity and bugs and I don't want to deal with that. Plus the lake where I'm going has excellent bass fishing all winter long-alot of the biggest fish are caught there in the winter months and of course early spring. I'm excited. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ePiC said:
TAL0362 said:
Retire?? I wish I could retire some day. 
Im going to find me a sugar momma.
have you run that one by the woman yet?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have few years to go myself BUT I have been looking around the lewiston Idaho area b run steelhead run get 20 lbs +, salmon, bass sturgon and pike. to much to pass up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts