Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
A really laid back, beautiful place right here in colorado, close to great warm water and cold water fishing, plus houses are priced a lot lower than most of the state.I can't tell everyone about it though, because a lot of the people on the site would start getting the same idea, and it ain't that big of a place. I'm going to call it "town X'! ;)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Forum humor at its worst. :p

·
Registered
664 Posts
Since I'm originally from Minnesota I may head back there. At some point I will probably inherit my dad's cabin on the Mississippi in Becker and I can spend summers there and winters here in Colorado.

Who knows what will happen, that's about 25-30 years away.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

I know it's an individual thing, but Dang! You folks don't know how good you have it here! I've lived in a couple places in upstate New York, in Vermont, the midwest, a couple places in Idaho, and now in the Denver area.

Colorado has by far the most variety, and greatest number of quality options -- warmwater and trout. Quality bass lakes, quality walleye, musky, pike, rainbow, browns, brookies, and lakers -- that's hard to find in any one place, plus the mountains, moderate climate, low humidity, etc. Very hard to beat. Of course, it takes a drive to get anyplace, and the fishing spots are getting more and more crowded.... Actually, you're right -- I wouldn't stay here in retirement if I could!
 ;D >:D

D

·
Registered
699 Posts
me and my lady have talked about it a bit see next yr i will be a state trooper and i have found a rancher up high in the colorado rockies that i killed some yotes for that said he will sell me 40 acres with full rights water mineral timber and stream rights for a pittance of 55 dollars an acre so we are gonna buy it as a wedding gift to ourselves and i am gonna build a cabin by hand up there. the best part is there are three rivers within 5 miles and every good cold water lake you can think of within 3 hours and warm water 3 to 5 hours away so yeah i think i have it figured out. the best part is i get to hunt elk deer turkey and sheep on his land for free every yr lol and there are some damn big bulls on his land.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I grew up in South Dakota and would like to move back there someday after the kids move out. CONS: So cold in the winter and hot in the summer , the worst is the wind , sometimes every day 20 to 40. gets old after awhile. PROS: Some of the best Walleye fishing around and the hunting is also spectacular. Take a look on page 44 of the current Fishing and Hunting mag. My brother and I last Thanksgiving on a Pheasant Hunt just 5 minutes from town and only took 3 hours for 8 guys to fill there limit. It's that way all the time. My brother in law only took his boat out a few times last year because the Walleye fishing was that good from shore and big fish as well. Wish I could retire tommorrow !

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
craigknws2 said:
I grew up in South Dakota and would like to move back there someday after the kids move out. CONS: So cold in the winter and hot in the summer , the worst is the wind , sometimes every day 20 to 40. gets old after awhile. PROS: Some of the best Walleye fishing around and the hunting is also spectacular. Take a look on page 44 of the current Fishing and Hunting mag. My brother and I last Thanksgiving on a Pheasant Hunt just 5 minutes from town and only took 3 hours for 8 guys to fill there limit. It's that way all the time. My brother in law only took his boat out a few times last year because the Walleye fishing was that good from shore and big fish as well. Wish I could retire tommorrow !
Craig, I know what you mean, I was born in Watertown and grew up in Aberdeen. I would love to move back for the fishing and hunting, not to mention the slower pace of life.............I go back nearly every summer for fishing and just love I can go to Richmond, Waubay or any other lake and only have a few dozen boats on the water on a weekend.

Where are you from?

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i figure by the time im ready to retire the best fishing will be found a little higer than the rockies, and it will take a rocket ship to get there. anyone up for fishing on planet X?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My wife and I have been talking to retire in the south of Argentina. Somewhere in the Patagonia, right now we are between 3 places and can't decide yet : Ushuaia, Bariloche and Peninsula Valdez.
Awesome lake, stream and ocean fishing on those 3 areas (or close to them) and the dolar goes a long way there.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Caesar24 said:
My wife and I have been talking to retire in the south of Argentina. Somewhere in the Patagonia, right now we are between 3 places and can't decide yet : Ushuaia, Bariloche and Peninsula Valdez.
Awesome lake, stream and ocean fishing on those 3 areas (or close to them) and the dolar goes a long way there.
Saw some hunting show on TV, said to be some of the best duck hunting in the world (Argentina and Uruguay). I have since researched it on the net and now am saving for a mid 2007 summer hunting excursion.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
roadkill said:
i figure by the time im ready to retire the best fishing will be found a little higer than the rockies, and it will take a rocket ship to get there. anyone up for fishing on planet X?

Ha Ha Ha . That's hilarious.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Titusville, FL is where i want to retire. I was born there in '67. Left in '69...found out it is a great area to fish both fresh and salt water. Hope to fish til I die!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts