Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question to you guys about if you prefer to fish large lakes, small ponds, big rivers, tailwaters, or small streams. Which do you prefer and why?

Personally, I prefer big rivers like the colorado river and the gunnison river. Those trout in rivers like these fight twice as good as any from a lake in my opinion. I also catch better numbers and size in these rivers also then I do in other waters. 20 fish in a day 18" average isn't bad ;).

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I dont have a prefernce really its more like this:
I prefer big lakes if I have a boat.
I prefer small streams/rivers if I'm fly fishing.
I prefer large rivers if I'm catfishing.
I prefer small ponds if I dont have a boat and if I dont have to travel far to fish it.
I prefer tailwaters in the winter.
I prefer hard water if I can con my buddies into going ice fishing.

Give me anything!

·
Registered
179 Posts
i mostly flyfish anymore but i am not opposed to switching to what works and is legal. i think EPIC hit it on the head. I just want to feel that wiggle on the end of the line and if it means throwing bait or lures so be it. My prefence is streams but when the stream are muddy from runoff i like getting out in the B-boat. Even if you don't catch a thing just being out there bobbing around is pretty relaxing. I've taken many a good nap being rocked to sleep by the gentle chop. But then usually the wind picks up and a wave breaks over my back and wakes me up.LOL.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I enjoy fishing backcountry lakes and streams. The fishing pressure is light and often it is a case of catching not fishing. The fish are not always big but its hard to beat having a whole lake ar a several miles of stream to yourself, plus the scenery is always a bonus! When I get old I will have to trade in my backpack for a llama; its to good of a experience to ever give up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts