Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a question as to which fort collins lakes and reserviors are open to public fishing. Obviously horsetooth, dixon, riverbend, city park, etc. but what about fossil creek res, terry lake, long pond, lindenmeier, warren, and the like? Has anyone fished any of these (or others) and know if they're available to the public and have any fish in them?

·
Registered
578 Posts
farmer ted said:
Just had a question as to which fort collins lakes and reserviors are open to public fishing. Obviously horsetooth, dixon, riverbend, city park, etc. but what about fossil creek res, terry lake, long pond, lindenmeier, warren, and the like? Has anyone fished any of these (or others) and know if they're available to the public and have any fish in them?
There is no fishing allowed at Fossil Creek. I don't know about Terry Lake, Long Pond, Lindenmeier,and Warren. I'm not familiar with those. Some other good ones to fish are Prospect Ponds and Arapaho Bend. I also like Riverbend at times, sometimes they are really slow.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The Division of Wildlife has a brochure (available at their W. Prospect Ave. office) that lists most of the public fishing waters in and around Fort Collins and Loveland. It's worth picking it up (it is free) and it does contain some useful information.

Off the top of my head, Terry Lake, Long Pond, Lindemeier, Fossil Creek Res. and Warren Lake are private and only accessible to homeowners or others with lake rights. There is some good fishing in those lakes, so if you happen to know a friendly homeowner, by all means take them up on an offer to fish!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can speak to Terry Lake, Long Pond, Lindemeier. These are PRIVATE. Do not try and fish these without a homeowner. I know a few people who have had permission on a couple of these lakes only to have had the police called and a pretty big hoo-haa ensued.

Even with permission, if there isn't someone with you who can produce ID, it can be a major hassle.

All contain some NICE fish if you can (legally) get on em and avoid the nosy neighbors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts