• Shimano Voltaeus with Sienna FD Reel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is best? I had hard time choosing, I was recommended both brands, but then I got really confused along the way as people were also telling me to choose one that had more ball bearings so I ended up with the Pflueger combo. I can only fish from land, if that makes any difference.

So which one is best in terms of specs... I guess try not to be brand bias unless there is definitely a difference in quality... none of this $100 Monster vs $5 Generic HDMI cable BS. I dunno, I'm really new to choosing rod and reel that is awesome for the money.

7' Pflueger Echelon Spinning Combo [size=14pt]OR 6'6" Shimano Voltaeus Rod with a Shimano Sienna FD Reel[/size]

After the coupons and rebates they both will be around $30, so which one would be worth the $30 to you?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
More bearings = better performance is such a load of crap. Any inexpensive reel full of bearings is full of cheap bearings, and cheap bearings are worse than bushings! Three to five good bearings are enough. Beyond that, it is nice, yes, very nice, but lets talk about some machine cut forged brass drive gears, a skirted large diameter sealed spool, and an aluminum frame first! I for one would love to forgo an extra spool if the money that spool represented could be put back into the materials of the reel at the same cost. I never understood that extra spool thing...

Bottom line, get something Japanese. It will cost a bit more, but you shall not regret it. I will say, for cheap reels Pflueger does a darn good job.

SS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts