Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always reading about people wanting to catch Wipers.

Are there any lakes near Denver where you can catch white bass. Catching White bass can be a blast especially since they travel in schools and are very aggressive. When I used to live in Oklahoma, there have been times where I have caught 50+ white bass in day.

Do any lakes in Colorado stock white bass? Unlike wipers, White bass can at least reproduce.
What about stripers are there any here in Colorado?

Maybe our water gets too cold for White bass and Stripers?

What are you thoughts?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
there are white bass in eastern colorado, particularly on the plains reservoirs, but no stripers. Our water is fine for stripers but DOW doesn't want em in our lakes (they reproduce).

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TroutFishingBear said:
there are white bass in eastern colorado, particularly on the plains reservoirs, but no stripers. Our water is fine for stripers but DOW doesn't want em in our lakes (they reproduce).
What lakes in Eastern Colorado can you find White bass?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
White bass have saved several trips for me at Bonny!!I wish they were stocked in more of our resevoirs. They eat Shad and reproduce on their own after the initial stocking usually.

We used to catch about 50 a day when i lived In Kansas and we took them and the crappie for granted. I did know how good I had it, when i lived there :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts