Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone must be on vacation on this forum! Activity level has been a bit low.

Well here's a video of me chasing after some white bass with a silver kastmaster. After catching and releasing around 15 or so I decide to keep a few for dinner. Caught a huge carp and it tired me out! Should've kept him for lake trout bait but might have been a bit too big. Enjoy and get out there! Tight lines everyone!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Well here's a video of me chasing after some white bass with a silver kastmaster. After catching and releasing around 15 or so I decide to keep a few for dinner. Caught a huge carp and it tired me out! Should've kept him for lake trout bait but might have been a bit too big. Enjoy and get out there! Tight lines everyone!

Really fun video! What nationality are you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Gold Kastmaster is my go to lure when Ice fishing, it never let's me down also good for cross river fishing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Gold Kastmaster is my go to lure when Ice fishing, it never let's me down also good for cross river fishing.
Haven't had much luck with gold. Silver and rainbow trout pattern usually works for me. I'll have to give the gold a try again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haven't had much luck with gold. Silver and rainbow trout pattern usually works for me. I'll have to give the gold a try again.
I set up fairly quickly after the ice hole has been made. I had two other friends who would take forever to set up their gear and fish-finder; by then I would already have 1 to 2 fish caught and released. Once on the Upper Gunnison, I was casting a gold Kastmaster across the river with a sharp BAM!, I hooked a beautiful 2lb Brown Trout. It is one of my favorite lures. Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts

When when were you fishing there?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
For a real good time, throw some top-water plugs at the boils. Poppers, Zara Spooks or any top-water plugs can provide a lot of exciting blowups and some great fishin'... even better with wiper boils!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts