Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going up to the Meeker area and would like to wade fish the White River.
Has anyone fished it lately?
What are manageable flows to wade?
Seems like there are only two - three public access areas...any preference ?

Thanks in advance for advise.

Fish bum

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
it used to be decent years ago but I havent been up there or heard much recently in that area. A ton of it is private. We used to do really well with whitefish up there.

·
Registered
458 Posts
it used to be decent years ago but I havent been up there or heard much recently in that area. A ton of it is private. We used to do really well with whitefish up there.
Whitefish? I was up there a couple of weeks ago for a 4-day trip and caught too many trout to count but they were all trout. Not a single whitefish was had. I didn't even know they were in there.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Whitefish? I was up there a couple of weeks ago for a 4-day trip and caught too many trout to count but they were all trout. Not a single whitefish was had. I didn't even know they were in there.

Then you were not on the White River in Colorado. That river is lousy wit em.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Different stretch ;)

There's tons of whities, just never seen any there

·
Registered
511 Posts
Fish the south fork above the campground in the flat tops wilderness. All public pocket water; caught a 16' cutty up there on a stimulator dry a few years ago, otherwiese the fish were all under 12", all trout that high up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts