Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Spent a few days over on the White and one of its tribs. The main fork was high and muddy but we were able to catch some nice fish. Threw some streamers to no avail but copper johns and pt's ended up working well. Spent part of a day on Avery and caught a ton of fish and went upstream to one of the forks and did ok. It was nice to be in the high country finally.....there you go Whompus

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nicely done!

But no pics of the whiteys?

Love the White, just hate walking on bowling balls all day.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha, I like the whiteys for about two hours of fishing then I start devising ways to stop caching them! That being said, we caught plenty of them. I don't have a pic on my phone but see if I can have one of my buddies send one over.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
LOL!

I fished the white a couple of yrs ago and was shocked to see the whiteys hammering dry flys. Stimi and big parachute. That was my plan to avoid them, even though they fight like crazy. I do hate netting them, they freak out when being touched.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Sounds like a great day! Beautiful fish, THX for sharing!!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good stuff! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
nice i used to flail that stretch a ton back when it still had more public access.
you get any sunnies/gills in avery? we used to not be able to keep them off our lines

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice i used to flail that stretch a ton back when it still had more public access.
you get any sunnies/gills in avery? we used to not be able to keep them off our lines
No gills or crappie this time. The chironomids wouldnt even get vertical before the slimers would whack them most of the time.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
sounds about right for that lake. we used to hike up the inlet and get some decent trout actually. little bigger than your average slimer. That was also ten years ago though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts