Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to the White River near Meeker. I am not familia with this river. What are optimum flows? What State wildlife easements are good to fish?

Any help would be appreciated

F B

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I dont know about many SWA's (I think Meeker Pasture SWA runs through there?) but I know there is a hell of a lot of private water in that stretch so be careful. I used to catch a ton of whities in that area bouncing nymphs off the bottom. Decent trout too. I havent been there in years though. I would recommend buying a map of that river it would give you much more detail of were/where not to fish.

good luck

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Agree with what Matt said.

The sport shop in town should have a paper print out of the river up to Buford or higher(?) that shows public access.
They have in the past.

Whities are fun to catch but there are a ton of them in the river. Try dry-dropper to limit them but they will take dries as well.

Be careful wading, it is like walking on bowling balls in that river :(

As for flows you should be good from here on out. I have never paid close attn to that detail but in lower flows and warmer days the water can warm up pretty good in the lower strech( below) Buford (maybe not this yr or this early) so careful with over playin the trout please and revive and release quickly

Enjoy your trip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts