Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason spinning reels scare me when it comes to breaking them down. Who deos a good job here in town? Thanks

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slight fever ;) I have three stradic 2500fh and they all need to be cleaned and oiled. One is not so free turning anymore, a little squirt of oil helped a bit. These need to be tore down, cleaned and oiled this winter. I used to go the guy on sheridan years ago but dont know where to go now.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Theres an appliance/lawn mower/equipment rental & repair shop across from Wheat Ridge Cyclery. Ive been in there a couple times and the have a lot of small, old things laying around that are for sale and refurbished. I bet they could help you out.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Don't be scared......

Here's a quick cleaning and oiling guide from the Shimano website.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/reel_maintenance_instructions.download.-mainParsys-000100-downloadFile.html/Maintenance%20Tips-%20Spinning%20Reels%20(1%20page).pdf

This is about as far as I would go IMO, I would send the reel in to shimano for more detailed repair work.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fistfullafish I have that document and like you thats as far as I go :p marledge Thats the guy! Thanks to all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
marledge said:
gary's reel service is in lakewood...honest and inexpensive.

720-253-7392
I used Gary last spring to repair and clean a reel and I was very happy with his work. I would recommend him for sure.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya got me on the in town........Denver. I am glad to get Garys number, he is a great guy and likes to bs about fishin.

·
Registered
248 Posts
In colorado springs dave powell used to do them when he had general fishing tackle, He has a account but i dont know how often he checks his PM's.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Spinning reels are easy. There's a handful of parts inside but nothing is complicated and slaps back together pretty easy. Maybe give it a try on a cheap reel first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts