·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A) A poseur claiming to be a dead philosopher

B) A poseur claiming to be the president

C) Dave

D) All of the above

I've always been a fairly good test taker. D.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
lol I see Dave revealed himself to you too eh lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
sswan said:

C) Dave

D) All of the above

Totally agree on A and B. That is so lame in my opinion. I can't imagine having such a low self asteem that I have to pretend to be someone else!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I'll reply to anyone who gets the spelling and grammar right. Spelling snob that I am, when I hit one of those posts where the author can hardly even spell his own name, I automatically just skip over it. And you'd be surprised how many fishermen that includes. Sorry guys, but that's how it is. You were supposed to learn how to spell in the third grade. I blame the school system, mostly.

W

·
0 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
I'll reply to anyone who gets the spelling and grammar right. Spelling snob that I am, when I hit one of those posts where the author can hardly even spell his own name, I automatically just skip over it. And you'd be surprised how many fishermen that includes. Sorry guys, but that's how it is. You were supposed to learn how to spell in the third grade. I blame the school system, mostly.
x2, I can't stand this text-speak.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
Why not blame the writer?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
sswan said:

C) Dave

D) All of the above

Can I please get on this list? ;D

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
The school system is for education, not day care. The parents are more to blame. With two parents working just to get buy, they seem to think that time off shouldn't include work for their kids. It's hard in today's world, but we as parents need to and have a responsibility to help educate our own spawn. Not just rely on the school system, that "the people" have a hard time putting sufficient funds into to keep running at a high level. Don't blame the system. My guess is that you received your education from public schools. Same as most of the United States! Look at the real problem. Not the easy target!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
...educate our own spawn.
Spawn, I love it. I'd like to see that become a slogan for some political campaign . . . hundreds of people angrily waving banners that say "EDUCATE YOUR OWN SPAWN!" :D

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Is there any chance that some folks (plenty inteligent) just don't spell well? Not anyone's fault? Geez you geezers are too much... I spell for chit, but I own companies, build homes, manage quite nicely.

I guess it is just as irritating listening to the arrogant spelling snobs bash society and our schools while the same kids they bash create/revolutionize the latest technologies using these new machines called computers... believe it or not, the cpu has this great new thing called spell check for important things (just maybe stupid posts on a fishing forum aren't that important)...

grow down.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Since this thread's still hanging around, may I ask a low-tech question for an ignoramus like myself?

Ok, so since "Dave" has been back he has gone through a number of usernames, right? (the ones I remember are -Dave-, Barack Hussein Obama, Friedrich Nietzsche, c.f.sucks, and even (needless to say I found it offensive) Jesus Christ. There may have been others. I guess I'm so technologically dumb that I don't know how one is able to do that. I mean, I thought it was IP#-based, no? I know you can change your handle, but how do you have more than one active account going at the same time? Is it just by means of going to another computer (library, different residence, etc.) and signing up again? (Dave, if you happen to read this and want to educate this techno-simpleton, feel free!)

Just curious, thanks.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
You can use two accounts at the same time by using two browsers. I.E and firefox for example. Not IP based there. But then the mods can tell who you are ;)

You can easily go through a proxy to change your IP to become unrecognizable as well.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
You can use two accounts at the same time by using two browsers. I.E and firefox for example. Not IP based there. But then the mods can tell who you are ;)

You can easily go through a proxy to change your IP to become unrecognizable as well.
Oh, thanks, Kyle. You're swift with tech. BTW, maybe you can make another post sometime in which you imbed a video (another thing I can't do). That was neat. Wasn't it you who did that involving a rattlesnake at P-lo? (Or was it Oyey?)

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts