Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best electronics for ice fishing? From everything I have read and my friends they say Vexilar is the only way to go.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I don't think it really matters as they both do the job. I use the Vexilar FL-20 and
feel it is no better or no worse than a Marcum.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
It's all a matter of personal preference.
I use a Marcum. Friend I always go with uses a Vexilar. Both work good. I drive a Toyota...Friend I always go with.. Well he drives a Toyota to, cause we all know Toyota is the best right! ;)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
RVinson said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
It's all a matter of personal preference.
I use a Marcum. Friend I always go with uses a Vexilar. Both work good. I drive a Toyota...Friend I always go with.. Well he drives a Toyota to, cause we all know Toyota is the best right! ;)
As long as you dont want to stop, sure. LOL

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
We are a 2 Vexilar household. 2 FL-18's . His and hers.

Vexilar is now doing a fishing camera system too.

Gee, I dunno... we like Vexilars ;)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Or it might be a interesting observation he is sponsered by Vex. Doubt he will slap the hand that throws him money and gear.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Trout said:
Or it might be a interesting observation he is sponsered by Vex. Doubt he will slap the hand that throws him money and gear.
At the bottom of the link I posted it doesn't say anything about him being sponsored by Vexilar.

"Nathan is sponsored by Lund Boats, Mercury Marine, Frabill, Tasmanian Devil Lures, JR’s Tackle, Pro-Cure, Approved Mortgages, Interstate Batteryies, Big O Tire & Grease Monkey of Littleton, and is member #162 of the National Professional Anglers Association."

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I removed the posts from competing websites that Donald doesnt allow here for the second time in this thread...

I believe when Nate had the Marcum problem he wasnt affiliated with Vexilar...I will ask him when I talk to him...

·
Registered
66 Posts
zman said:
I removed the posts from competing websites that Donald doesnt allow here for the second time in this thread...

I believe when Nate had the Marcum problem he wasnt affiliated with Vexilar...I will ask him when I talk to him...
Ah sorry didn't know we are not allowed to post links from other Colorado fishing websites. Seems kind of weird but whatever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't even ice without my FL 20. You are fishing blind without any electronics, so I guess what ever helps you to see down under is the right choice. Vexilar is my choice but they are very proud $ :eek: of there stuff, but on the other hand you get what you pay for. Growing up in the frozen tundra of North Dakota where all you do in the winter is ice fish, snowmobile, drink, and screw :eek: (all in the same day ;) I learned you buy the best and most durable equipment you can afford. You tend to put equipment to the test when you use it in -40 deg temps.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts