Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
BUT, since we no longer live in a country that supports free enterprise the courts or the government will end up trying to tell them where. Maybe they will have the balls to just close their US factories and move it out of country.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
FLYFISHGEEK said:
BUT, since we no longer live in a country that supports free enterprise the courts or the government will end up trying to tell them where. Maybe they will have the balls to just close their US factories and move it out of country.
Thats their right just like many other american companies have had to do in order to compete on a global scale..

·
Registered
844 Posts
The lie of "fair trade" is what has driven manufacturing from our shores. The deck was stacked against us from the start, EPA,OSHA, and a hundred other alphabet soup agencies hamstring our industry with taxes and fees/fines while third world countries can use labor that is nearly enslaved and have little environmental controls.
I'm not saying we should throw out all our controls but we need to recognize the imbalance and attach proper tariffs and fees to level the field.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Maybe they should just ad a G in front of their name like Government Motors or Government Electric then the tax payers can carry the difference and the union can have the plant anyplace they want.
Since the unions are done f'ing up Detroit they are ready to move on to bigger challanges.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
I feel bad for Boeing. I bet now they wish they never got filthy rich from favorable defense contracts.
:D Thanks, Funk! I knew I could count on you!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
boeing hasn't manufactured aircraft since before WW2. the manufactuer has been outsourced for 60 years, at first it was all US companys and made in USA. about 25 years ago the US companys had to go off shore to compete. now about 20% of the parts are made in USA. boeing is an assembly plant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts